1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Considering a WR300 but I have questions...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by giantjoe, Oct 1, 2011.

1. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    WOW! That is definitely stuck in the mud
    Anthony_1978 likes this.
  2. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Well, I just sent off an email to about ten dealers in my vicinity asking for their best price on a 2010 or 2011. Let's see if this goes anywhere...
  3. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    One more question. I see there is a horn button on them, but does the Canadian version have a horn installed? (sure hope so)
  4. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
  5. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
  6. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    You have 10 dealers in your vicinity!!??

Would that be the eastern half of Canada or the western half :-)
  7. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Western Canada. I said about, there are at least 8 within a days' drive. So far, I have received quotes as high as $8800 OTD and as low as $6300 OTD (we have a 5% national sales tax). I'm pretty sure $6300 is as low as I'm gonna see. Plus it's only two hours away.

PS, how do you break in a 2stroke engine?
  8. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    You might also check with Bills in Salem Oregon... they ship pretty much anywhere.... http://billshusky.com

Or I will sell you a practically new 2009 WR300 for $4000 and you can pick it up in Bellingham, WA at my brother-in-laws house :confused:

As for break-in? .... you might as well discuss religion, politics, oil or tires :)

I say run it under light load while varying the throttle for about 20 minutes, up and down through the gears; let cool, repeat 3-4 times. No climbing hills, lugging, sustained high revs or other activity that would raise the engine temperature. After the run in period change the oil to get the manufacturing detritus out of the gearbox.
  9. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I bought my 09 WR250 new from Bills for $4,900.00 at that time I think the 300s were only a few hundred more. Shipping wasn't bad and the service at Bills was great. + 1 on giving Bill a call.
  10. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    I was just wondering if it was any different than a 4stroke. My personal theory is 80% power while riding normally after initial warmup. do this for a couple hours then change the fluids and ride it like it's stolen.
  11. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    [IMG]
    Look what I found!!!
    lankydoug likes this.
  12. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Sweet, nice ride! Good choice!
  13. hogwackr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    18 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 HD Street Glide
    Your gonna love it! Please post a ride report. I love to hear peoples impressions of these beasts! :cheers:
  14. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    :thumbsup:Congratulations, you're gonna love it!:banana:
  15. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    I rode it around the parking lot to make sure it ran, it had the throttle stop installed and all the emissions junk on it. It was lame... (how's that for an initial impression)

I'm gonna try to uncork it before next weekend and take it out for a trail maintenance day. Should I even ride it without rad guards? (I'll have to order them)
  16. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04RM250, 05XR100,07PW80,41 Harley
    giantjoe, I bought a new 2010 wr300 last August in Kelowna B.C. so far so good, played with the carb, got her set up pretty good. Now I'm ordering up the racehead from Motosportz and a Rekluse z-start pro from TT. Got the 10% discount last Wednesday, Birthday special.
    Kelowna Honda Power Sport let her go for 5,575 dollars out the door. It pays to shop around. I was headed to Vancouver via the Okanagon route so it worked out perfect for pickup. Did you try Area 51 here in Lethbridge. They have a 2010 wr300 left over, plus a couple other Huskys. Just wondering what they wanted for their 300. They told me $6699.00. I passed on it. I'm looking forward to trying out the Husky in the Porcupine hills.
    Congrats on your new Husky ; ) to bad winters coming : (
  17. jbankes Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR144
    Your not gonna think it's lame when your legs are hanging off the back and your hanging on for dear life, that is after you take off the emissions junk and jet it.
  18. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Area 51 HAD a 2010 until yesterday. Yeah, I can't wait to take the junk off of it and really ride it. They gave me a whole box of goodies with it too. I wasn't expecting to buy a bike and get another pipe and there's a little box in it that says Mikuni, I'm guessing it's new jets/needles? Did I get the "power up" kit for free?
  19. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04RM250, 05XR100,07PW80,41 Harley
    My bike came uncorked, the Mikuni box was opened so they had done the work. I still had to lean her out though. Dean at Area 51 is good to deal with, if thats where you bought your bike from.
  20. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    I guess could have been more explicit. I bought the bike yesterday from AREA 51. they said to preserve warranty the sold it emissions intact. They're giving me the service manual to download this week too. I'll get her opened up.
  21. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    The bike is ready to ride. The jetting may not be spot on, but it's close enough that I can hurt myself. Saturday our local club is doing a trail clearing day, so that will be a perfect time to break the bike in. I only have handguards on it though. Where can I get a set of rad guards in Canada?
    lankydoug likes this.
  22. Lincolnlock Husqvarna
    AA Class

I put Enduro Engineering guards on mine.