1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc cr 125 2011

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by poynedexter, Jan 28, 2011.

1. smallman222 Husqvarna

ye i have had no probs with motor jus a bad fork seal left hand side about a month back also brought mine in january i havent messed with the carb or powervalve since gettin the bike just set the sag i find it hard to settle in a rut and a lot of the time find my front end wanting to come out also when changing from 3rd to 4th if i dont rev it really well it bogs thn goes agen is this summut to do with the carb being stock or powervalve n e advise wud b greatly appreciated
  2. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Lots of threads about adjusting the powervalves here, go to the index thread at the top of the two stroke section and read up. I think most of your questions will be answered. Jetting is a little tougher since the majority of the jetting posts are either WR125's with lousy ignition that doenst corelate with CR settings or Keihin swaps. Read the thread you just posted in, poynedexter explains what worked for him.
  3. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

heres a pic of where my pv is now.
    powervalve 003.jpg

also i'm running an hgs pipe which i feel helps the mid to top end a lot.
    pvduke likes this.
  4. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

You could also try adding a tooth or two to the rear sprocket to help carry the 3rd to 4th shift
  5. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    ya might say im a tiddler fiddler...giving big bores and big heads fits.

awesome thread. love the pic of the plug. excellent job there. bout time someone posted a pic of the plug- yer right, looked a tad lean but not dangerous, good job... love the factory graphics on the '11 too. mine's a knackered '09

125's rule. mreeep!

"when changing from 3rd to 4th if i dont rev it really well it bogs"
    smallman: lean needle, clip position or main. if, yer open 3/4's or more.
    read the plug. get the mixer sorted first before going elsewhere.
  6. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

cheers pv.

i'm now really focused on handling and suspension. i'm not convinced that the sachs shock is a quality item. i have my doubts that the piston band is gonna last. also in stock trim i'm just not getting the bike to go where i want into and around the rutty corners. i'm having to really concentrate and force the bike to hold a line and rut. i'm ok on sag and having been 6 secs a lap faster on a 350ktm i know somethings not right. and its got nothing to do with power. i'm too slow around corners on the 125, into around and out.

so i've asked my suspension guy to look at my fork and address my problem. a brief chat today and he's modified the mid valve saying both comp and reb dont seem right. i want to try his settings without him telling me what he has done.

i hope to get the bike out on sat for a spin. if all is well i'll get him to look at the shock next week. what do you guys think of the cr. i see pics of cr's with the forks way up in the clamps so i assume they are looking for more front wheel weighting. i think thats compensating for off springs and damping?

does anyone know if ohlins do a tts shock for the cr?

smallman, run a 52 rear!
  7. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    fer rutted tracks id prolly run the fork on line one or half that cuz you have so much grip and ride 110% all the time. im on line two for off-road twisty stuff, line 3 showing makes it wicked nervous. less nervours now but it turns in great and if there's something to lean on i can whip it around so fast it'll almost put me on my high-side ear. i do know i gotta go in a lot hotter on the 125 then a 250f as there's simply less grunt, just like road racing you gotta carry mo on a tiddler to get the lap times down and there's no way rond that, its a trade off. your tuner will get you going cuz ya got the mixer sorted so now it's boinger time. 6 seconds is a lot and short of stuffing it somewhere and bogging ya got yer work out out for ya. i'll look fwd to more reports. keep up the great efforts. i know ya had a seal issuu soon in but a lot of folk dont change their fork oil ever so- bob's yer uncle there ya did good by dumping it. the factory fill gets wicked nasty fast after a few hours and a simple change and thorough cleaning makes a huge diff but yeh ya had to pop for a seal so...keep on charging. this is one of if not the best 125's reports going. great plug pics mate!!
  8. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    p/s- yer bike is WAY to clean...here's my knackered ol' '09 WR (parked next to my '07 TC) got it set up for canyon riding.....when i'm on form it's awesome fun for an old fart like me makin' bigger bikes believers in the power of the tiddler...mreeeeeeeeeeeep! it's made riding fun for me and a challenge again. stuff i'd crawl up and over on with larger bikes? i gotta use a lot of techinque i aint got no more on the 125 so im hungry more to make stuff etc. and not so bored or burnt out.. i love the '10/'11 look and upgraded plastics are on the short list. my '09 is rock stock sans a home-made bash plate i made from one that fits an '08 and a 52th cog. rips hard. ask my wingman. he's a vet pro- has a YZ125, think it's an '07, he thought it was fast where we usually ride...till we got into it for about 15 mins up the side of a mountain...it was a bar to bar blast but the WR was a little faster everywhere...even w/ a 52th rr cog. now all he talks about is a 250. im thinkin fine, ill get a CR ignition...c-ya then mr. big bore... 'bring it young man'. lol.

Attached Files:

9. smoke229 Husqvarna
    A Class

Poynedexter,
    we normally run our forks (50mm Shivers) nearly flush in the clamps. are you sure your handlebars and front wheel is exactly in line with each other - we twist ours alot. is your head over the bars and looking forward while you're in the rutted corners?
    i would love to try a HGS pipe , we need a more mid+top pipe , running a FMF pipe now and its seems alot better than stock but not many other options here in US.
  10. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

hey smoke i've been running my fork at line 1 from day one, and i'm happy with not only the fork alignment and pinch bolt torque. i,ve been told i ride nicely forward on the bike but i just want something extra to help me get turned in early in the corner.

these guys are good at their job so lets see how they have done. valving changes but standard fork springs. he wouldn't tell me what changes till i ride the bike and feel what difference i notice.

4ks.jpg
  11. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    hehehe looks like i aint the only one buzzin my inner front fender on the tire...mreeep! BAM! mreeep! weee!

i see base moulding...is that 125 in the house??? niiiice.
  12. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

[IMG] yep, since me and her indoors have agreed that it was all my fault and i'm a lying dirty c#@? [IMG], its just me and a set of pirelli's!!
  13. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

the fork work was spot on. much less spike thru the bars and the front tyre feels like its gripping much better on the way into turns allowing me to lean in better and have confidence in whats about to happen.