1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc CR or WR for HS?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Grey Jay, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

IMO, For the average (and many above average) guy(s)- a WR would be a better choice for HS as it's a bit more versatile and can better do enduros and trail rides etc.
    The newer (chassis) WR's are a very fast & capable bike, once set up and in capable hands and certainly aren't just a 'trail bike' as one poster mentioned. They are no more(or less) a trail bike than the TXC's are.

Was on a bone stock newer WR125 for about 20 min. on Sunday - they're a real hoot! I would have no qualms about racing it on any type of off-road event.

Most guys aren't fast enough to ride a bike on the pipe all the time- for which a CR might be a better choice
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I feel I am faster on my 09 WR144 than my 2010 TXC250 in the tight woods. I also feel the WR would make a great race bike with good usable power.
  3. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am going against the masses here by saying CR125 in the woods, especially in the 2010 version. The CR is faster plain and simple and I like the 19" rear wheel in the sandy/loamy woods of Ontario.
  4. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

lots of harescramblers in new england run jap mx bikes in our woods .... which are exactly easy woods to ride in .... Bet a Cr would work fine ... mine works pretty good and I'm not really a racer. I'd say go with which ever one fits your riding syle. personally that would be a wr for me.
  5. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

OK To answer your question as asked Hare Scramble Racing
    Key work racing I have 2 CR 125s which have been raced in all types of conditions from flat out desert to super tight single track.From below sea level near the Mexican border to about 8,000 feet above in the Utha Mt. Every thing from desert,motorcross,WORC ,enduros ect
    Never had a problem anywhere we go you can lug it or scream it
    and i have never hurt a motor yet
    Mods not many Motor bone stock i swear i still do not know what jets are in it never had to adjest the carb. I do run a FMF Fatty with FMF sparky. 52 tooth rear sprocket even in the wide open desert .Also
    skid plate ,shark fin and steering stablizer ,Plus the suspention has been redone to the specs sent over by Peadro from the Marzochi factory.From all the post i have read about both of the 125s seems
    more people try to make there Wr run like a CR then the other way around.One big mod most of the factory teams do to there WR is put on the CR electronics .I have rode both types of bikes and like the CR
    better even where you might think a Wr would be better
    Do i want a new CR 150 you bet and hope to have a new CR soon
    Remember this is just my opinion hope it help your choice
  6. Grey Jay Husqvarna
    C Class

Thanks for all the great info!

Does anyone have complete specs for these bikes?