1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc CR or WR? Need advise quick....

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by mnnthbx, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have a bolt on kickstand on my CR 125 clamps to the swingarm.. http://www.utahsportcycle.com/ has it... easy and useful
  2. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    My forks are stock and I have the clickers at the standard settings,they work great for me at all speeds in the trails. I think this is one of the few bikes I have owned that I am happy with the stock suspension at the standard settings. I don't race but I ride pretty hard at times and am happy with it, hope this helps you!:cheers:.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I don't think there is any difference in the suspension on the wr/cr's.
  4. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    The dude at Halls said otherwise. Said the CR's have different forks and obviously different valving.
  5. mnnthbx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thriumph Thruxton, Honda Ruckus
    I was under the impression that the WR had open cartridge, and the CR closed.
    Vinduro likes this.
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Best part of the CR:

Closed chamber forks, great everywhere
    CR ignition
    20 #'s lighter

Best part of the WR:

FWW with lights
    2.5 gallon tank
    Kickstand
    Platable in many states
    Open Chamber forks are probably a little more plush for fun trail riding
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Shows how much I know lol. OK then the CR's FTW!
  8. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I tend to like Open Chamber forks better. Plusher feel and longer services between oil changes. Not much oil in cartridge of a closed chamber fork. I know some shops that don't even change the cartridge oil when they service the forks and that is the oil that takes the beating. The other oil is just for lubrication.
    jmetteer likes this.
  9. mnnthbx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Specific questions #2.... The CR ignition has more hit / power, correct? Coming from the most powerful bike I've ever ridden (and that's a lot of bikes...) the ingnition may be the deal breaker....
  10. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Our CR is not overwhelming at all. Even on the pipe it is still EXTREMELY manageable. Seriously, the CR we have is for my 13 year old daughter to race in hare scrambles. She is coming off of an 85 to the CR so she wants to ring it out and can still control it. Too me it has a very smooth power delivery.
  11. mnnthbx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Last question I think.... I have time on a friends KTM 150sx, so using that as a reference, will the CR144 run w/ the KTM? Yes or No.
  12. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Sure.
    The husky might even be stronger as these motors are no slouches. Handling is stellar and a no brainer as I dont jive with ktm's.

And remember these bikes are very tunable.. You can adjust the pv actuator arm and change pv springs for more or less hit.
    If you want to spend some cash then pipes and carb swaps/mods are popular.
    jmetteer likes this.
  13. HuskyTaylor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE310 12 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 FLHR 77 Triumph
    August issue of Dirt Rider has a test on it, give it a read. Might help you make up your mind. I got one and love it.
  14. mnnthbx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's what got me to this point.... Thanks guys.
  15. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If you are thinking about pulling the trigger on a new bike remember the Husky is the only bike with a gunsite built into the logo :D! You can't miss with a Husky!
    David Howell and huskybear like this.
  16. mnnthbx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    I've owned a 06 610 and a 09 510.
  17. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    I was hesitant at first with the 125 due to a lot of people that had never owned one. I decided to get the 125 in Husky form due to my undying love for my WR300, and I can say it was a wise choice to get the 125/144. I've ridden several orange 200s' and am glad I didn't waste my money on one.
    huskybear likes this.
  18. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Can't comment on the fork but honestly I would buy whichever bike you can get the better deal on. My WR has a CR ignition only so I could put the FBF dual map switch on it. I then have a FWW that I use for tight nasty woods races. For the sand it comes off. If you buy a WR and want a bit more of a hit then you can switch ignitions for relatively cheap. If you buy a CR and want to tame it add a FWW. I wouldn't worry about making the wrong decision in the motor department. Most likely it will need some sort of tuning to run right regardless then just personal preference on the type of power. Walts power valve spring kit is really cool too and really adds another level of tuning. I am assuming you are going to buy new??? That being said I'm not up to date on the suspension on the new 2-smoke bikes but I bought my TXC250 new with the Kayaba front forks. I heard that people thought they were harsh but I do t think there bad at all.
  19. David Howell Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 WR 250
    "Walt's PV kit"? :rolleyes: I need to hear a little more about that!
    Does he have one for a 250?
  20. David Howell Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 WR 250
    If your around 190 lbs. you'd better jump on a WR 250 :thumbsup: The small bores are fun but if i had to ride one, i'd need to enroll in freakin' zumba class or somethin'!:eek: