1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc CR or WR? Need advise quick....

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by mnnthbx, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I weigh about 190 and know quite a few people who weigh as much as 230lbs that ride the small bore Huskies.
    The 144cc just run great and the 165cc runs great everywhere with huge low end. Feels like a weaker 250. Main thing is that it is lighter. The CR does NOT weigh 20lbs less either. Maybe 10lbs. My bike, ready to ride, no gas weighs 216lbs. That is with oil and all enduro gear installed.
    huskybear and typeone like this.
  2. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I weigh 200lbs now, but I was up to 225 and still rocked the 125 (not 144 or 165). No issues at with the power and I ride in steep mountains. Anyway, the handling and braking more than make up for any motor shortcomings IMO.

In fact, I rode my wr300 yesterday and didn't really enjoy it. It handles like dog doo and the power is a liability more than a asset. At least where I ride.
    After my trip to the Sierra's next month I think its going up for sale. Fat ass small bore lover here!
    huskybear and john01 like this.
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Dwight,

My '12 WR was 222 without gas. More now that I have added protection and stuff. They list the CR at 202 without gas. It certainly feels light riding it.
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just serviced a set of Yamaha TC 48mm Kayabas and both the cartridge o-rings and piston itself had failed....the cartridges were both dry.

Is the same TC System in the Husky?
  5. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You sure? I weighed mine without gas. All lights and barkbusters and enduro computer. 216lbs. That was with Pirelli Scorpion Pro front tire and MX Extra 100/100X18 rear.
  6. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Oh, I do think the Clarke tank weighs a bit less than stock.
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Dwight mine was box stock off the showroom. It wasn't completely dry but there was maybe .5 gallons in there. So say 3 lbs - 219. They have added some stuff for 12 that you shouldn't have. Steering lock blank, thermostat, some extra structure on the frame to house the new ignition, etc. Not a huge difference but it probably adds up to what we are seeing. It still feels lighter than my 09 did, that does weigh less. Go Figure.