1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc CR125 Ride - yeehah

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by rockdancer, Dec 13, 2010.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Read my post in the Cr has lights section A stock CR can be rewound for about 100 dollars and it will put out 35 watts
    My 2008 Cr has that set up
  2. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I dont need lights I d just need to have a head light there
    Id swap over to cdi ignition and different stator setup but if you do need lights do what Ajax did.

3. rpmguy Husqvarna
    B Class

I cant remember my jetting now. I wrote thou. The main is 380 but cant remember the pilot , I think it is 27.5 or 25 . The needle is the middle one (bike came with three). I can cnc mill the older slides (2008) TMX from 3.0 to #4.0 $20. Havent done the newer carbs yet, because I done own one yet. The two fast 125's from bills run 4.0 slides (2008)
  4. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Thats interesting as I was running 380 main and 27.5 pilot on my wr . (Before I went to a Keihin) When the standard settings for the cr are more like 440 main .
    How do you mill the slide? - does someone over there do it ? How much is taken off ?
  5. rpmguy Husqvarna
    B Class

I mill the slides with a fixture. I have a Real factory #4.0 slide that I copied the profile from. Then just have the CNC cut the 3.0 slide exact to the 4.0. I have very lean jetting, Doma pipe, and VP fuel at 28-32:1 ratio. 144 kit with .008 taken off head. Rips form me. Ask Motosports.

You can hand cut the slide also, try to find someone with a 4.0 to copy.
    I might try a 4.5 or 5.0 next. Ryan:cheers:
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good to hear. Heal up man. :thumbsup:

that is a CR and that was the stock pipe. Was a good bike but like my 09 WAY better.

I have not ridden my wr144 since Bend ether as the forks and triple are bent. Working on a solution now but having fun playing in the much on my old bikes too.
  7. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    There was an older TMX on the 06 wr125 that we purchased. Someone machined it for a carb divider front and rear. Just for kicks, I stuck it on my son's RM125/jetted it quick. I have to tell you, it was a stump pulling son of a gun. It lacked some top compared to the newer TMXX, but not much.
  8. paulb Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was thinking of getting a wr 125 or a cr 125 the wr is a 07 with about 40 miles on, the 08 10 hours. I have a rm 250 now and ride a bunch of singletrack nasty stuff. I love the rm handles great but wanted to try a 125 again. I had a 08 yz 125 and liked it, how will the husky compare to the yz I never got tired ridding the 125 and wanted to try something different.
  9. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    I would go the 08 CR125. You'll have the fast snap powerband like the RM. The frame is going to tract a little better than the quick turn RM design. Have someone do the suspension (Those SHOWAS were the best stock suspension) and you'll like it, probably better than the RM and YZ. Plus if you want to go 144 some day, you don't need to do case mods. Husky's are nice, roomy and has that euro flow!

You might be able to get it a little cheaper since you have the blizzard up that way!
  10. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    I would also recommend the 2008 CR125. I rode my friend's YZ125 and both were similar. The YZ125 seems to have a bit more off the bottom but lacks the mid/top compared to my CR125 (where my bike really shines). My CR125 works very well in the woods which is the only place where I ride. No mx for me. :cheers:
  11. paulb Husqvarna
    AA Class

cr you think

I heard that these little 125 have a good amount of low end. Then I also heard that they have a big bog in the middle. From the research I have done it seems to be jetting and power valves. I like the fact that you can tune them more then the average bike. I also like the 2.5 gallon tanks on the 07 and 08. I never sat on one but I hear they are tall, I am only 5.8 The cr has a 19 inch rim too, and I run a trials tire, not really a big deal could always switch it like I did the rm. They also seem real easy to work on. I just hope I am not making a mistake selling a good bike for one I never rode before. I know a lot of guys on here swear by them for nasty tight terrain. Sorry for being so long winded. Forgot to mention I am an a level rider, used to be aa but that was 10 years ago.
  12. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

For the riding style that works with a trials tire I would get the WR. The CR I rode was good when you want to light up the tire and get on the pipe like right NOW.
  13. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    cant add much to what others said but:

wr- trail bike/enduro.
    cr- track bike

apples and oranges. similar in some mechanical aspects but worlds different when riding. not even close.

paulb- wr bog's due to jetting. had mine a year now, runs like a scalded cat with a firecracker up its butt, box stock. i'm 5' 7", 50 y/. huskys run about 1" taller than some others when sags are correct for model, that number flutcates with the rider. there's an optional lower seat avail for these too. the wr is basically what i'd end up with once im done modifying an mx bike for enduro so, either or. they are very different. would you like playing different with, premium wheels, brakes, boingers, levers etc? its fun. i was an a once. rode a lot of stuff. husky dont slow me down any. they also last longer in most cases. i prefer them over asians, much easier to work on and ride, for me anyways. some sheeple dead set on asian brands and into "the magazines" dont like the husky. but anywhere i park trigger? it gets the lookyloos going. i beat on mine like a rented mule in a drag race. and it laughs.

mreeeep!

Attached Files: