1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Cr125's only, You Wr's beware!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by HxcEnduRo, Jan 15, 2011.

1. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    trigger's READY...

mreeeep mreeeeeeeeeep!

brrrrrrrrrrrring-a-ding-ding it baby!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:D
  2. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    If your WR 125 isn't ripping then it's dialed in wrong.
  3. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    werd.

mines rock stock. rips giant hairy sasquatch ballzingos baby! ask the cat on the kx500 who went off the goat trails trying to hang with trigger this weekend...buwahahahaha. :doh: mreeeep mreeeep!

us WR owners aint askeered of no CR's. :busted:

WR'S RULE. :thumbsup:
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

PV Duke,

I just got done swapping back from the box stock CR 125 to the 167 and I am still in awe at how explosive the 167 feels in comparison. That being said I don't think there is any way stock for stock, everything equal that your WR can even sniff the rear fender of the CR 125. It just isn't possible. The CR 125 just runs that much better. This is equally true between the CR and WR 150. If I can get a rolling chassis, I will have one bike as the CR 167 and one as the CR 144. I will also definitely get a ffw for the 144. It would be just to explosive in really tight, steep stuff. The 167 has just that extra torque on the bottom/mid that allows you to gear up and be able to pull that stuff off the pipe. The 167 with its extra cylinder drag and piston kit weight doesn't have that instant spool up of the 125/144. It just makes traction and pulllllllllls hard.

Brandon,

I am almost ready to make a trip to your neck of the woods to visit Bill's and meet up with you guys. I would love for you to ride the 167. It is really a fun package. I also need to visit rpmguy to get the pv mods finalized for you guys to try. The ones out of my 144 are at Mark's as we speak but there are some fitment issues we need to make sure are corrected. They also aren't the best grind I have but they do work.
  5. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    the 167 is my goal for the rocky loose steep crap i ride. it'll be perfect. less rip more grunt.

and ill still drag race any stock 125. ANY.

i aint askeered a no CR (yz, rm, cr, sx etc) mreeep!
  6. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    Wish I had a dealer in the state. Called several dealers for info, ie if there was a way around setting it up without the tool, most were unsure and said bring it in(several said they didn't even own the tool themselves)....haha that would be a worthwhile drive!

I should state I am an amateur when it comes to electrics.. I have been tempted to button it up based on pics in the service manual, but a few posts warning of melted pistons when timing is off scared me away.

I'm sure a call to George would verify all possibilities just haven't had the time recently.

The photos would be good, just want to be sure I will not do any damage should I start it up.

***It should be stated that a similar tool is required to set the timing marks for the WR as well, much like the different flywheel pullers.***
  7. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    That would be great!
    Come on over.

I need to check up on Ryan myself. Wonder how he's doing.

I'll be in Yellowstone in June. I'd bring a bike, but my wife would end me. How far away are you from there?
  8. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    I measured the spacer thickness and it is 10mm.

Here are details on my PWK with RB Design carb mods. It works fantastic!
    http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16235

It is not a Steahly. I'm not sure who makes this one. Hall's Cycles has them in both 7oz. and 10oz. sizes. GoFasters also has them listed on their site for GasGas bikes and it would crossover to the Husky.

Click here for link to GoFasters flywheel weight

I took some photos to help explain the flywheel weight style and spacer needed.

Aluminum spacer: 10mm thickness

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cover removed to show spacer and 3 longer bolts. Note: you will also need a gasket for both sides of the spacer.

[IMG]

Here is the flywheel weight installed. I just noticed that it is the 7oz. size (instead of 10oz.). You can also see the "hex nut" integrated into the weight. You remove the OE nut, spin on the weight, and torque the weight with its integrated nut. The OE nut is not used.

[IMG]

Since the flywheel weight mounts on the face/end, you can see why the 10mm spacer is needed. The CR flywheel is such a tiny thing, the 7oz weight is the same OD.

:cheers:
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Matt,

Thanks for the pics. I am going to get one for the CR144. I am going to get a pic from Steahly of their's and I will post it for comparison.

Brandon,

We are 4 hrs west of Yellowstone. But you are right around the corner from Big Sky and it might be worth a call to see if you can run their CC course and maybe they rent bikes. Second thought if you can arrange to ride that course I will come over and meet you and you can ride the 360. Lots of fun stuff for the missus to do there while the important stuff happens on the bikes. :D
  10. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    THANK YOU!!!
    I have not tried a cr, but I do believe they make both for those reasons you just stated.
    GP
  11. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I will be in Luceren this weeken for the National
    2008 CR 125 STOCK except for a FMF pipe and geared DOWN
    13/52 Plus i am now starting my 4th yes 4 th year on the stock original clutch
    Where you want to race heck the bomb run when they drop the start flag at 9.30 sunday morning OR let me know where you would want to do this drag race
  12. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    It is going to be a 125 fest soon... :busted:

Later,
  13. Dzefro Husqvarna
    C Class

hey guys, what ignition are you guys talking about? the Cr's ignition on a wr's...?

I just converted my 125sms to offroad and i realised the power isn't enough for the trails and let alone mx track. im currently running on an Arrow full system but still the power isn't there.

please help.

thanks
  14. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I want to see this drag race happen !!
    - come on PV Duke
    Sorry but my money is on the CR I think the top end of the WR will be better though and may reel it in eventually
  15. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The CR is going to rev farther and faster. They are the same motor except the ignition. I wish I could be there for the face off. Of course if I was, you guys would ride my 167 and you would both have motor envy. ;)
  16. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think you guys should step this competition up a few notches. Why stop at a simple drag race, when you could run the bikes through a series of events to determine who is the baddest zinger once and for all.

1. Drag race.....at least .5 mile to test top speed and push the limits of the motors.
    2. long high speed hill climb
    3. slow obstacle riddled hill climb
    4. lap time around a MX track
    5. wheelie test (just for fun)
    6. fuel range
    7. single-track test
    8. elevation change ride-to test jetting range

jsleeper
  17. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    You are the guru Walt but I thought the WR ignition had less advance and more over rev - CR more snap but shuts down earlier - like a YZ

I agree with JS at least a single track lap test with the same rider
  18. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The tech stuff here is useful but some of you old guys are starting to sound like 14 year old kids on TT!
  19. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    This should be what you need to set your timing:

I had one that I made years ago after drilling out a spark plug and machining an insert that I installed in it with a thumb screw. Thought we could pass it around but I can't find it.

Took me some time but I remembered seeing this in my sights.

http://www.startinglineproducts.com/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=5&catID=44&productID=582

If you bought a used one, it will have the washer marks in it when it was installed in the previous bike. That should be close for start up till you can check it.
  20. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

1 high speed drag race unless the ground is flat and hard a stock
    geared husky will not pull 6th to full rev
    2 long high speed hill climb no problem
    3 slow obstacle riddle hill climb no problem the best place to test
    4 i hate mx but will will still be there
    5 i do not weelie any more went over at speed years ago and left alot
    of skin on the ground
    6 i get 25 mpg at race speed
    7 single track test no problem i love the tight stuff
    8 for sure no problem i have raceed this bike from below sea level near both my house and the mexican border to up around 6500 feet in the utha mt never a single carb adjustment With temps from over 100 down to about 30 still no adjustments

Better yet just come race the AMA National Hare and hound races you will see every type of terrian we do 10 races
    4 in Luceren Calif Desert
    1 in Red mt Calif high Desert
    1 in el Centro Calif near the Mexican border below sea level in the sand
    1 in Idaho in the trees
    2 in Utha in the trees
    1 in Reno Nev high desert

I race the stock 125 in the open class magum against any thing that shows up
    any bike any size .No problem 2 years ago i won and last year i got 2nd Last year i also raced a few of them on my WR 250 this year i will also do a few on the 250 but if i only had one bike to do all of them on it would be the 125 Trust me the Nationals have a little of everything but one thing they do not have is a lot of High speed open stuff most of it is tight The 3rd loop is super tight narly single track
    with some of the best mother nature has .That is where the 125 shines
    i have rode a WR 125 and still would want a CR in every type of ridding area we go to