1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Cr125's only, You Wr's beware!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by HxcEnduRo, Jan 15, 2011.

1. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    sorry big john. no race. yer bikes not stock. ;)

stock motor, pipe, carb, gearing. drag only, say 100 or 150 yards? none of this other bulloney. el mirage. as suggested we'll make a 125 fest of it. :thumbsup:
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Now if i have but my stock pipe on and stock gearing just to beat you then where has to be some money put up
    It all for fun anyway but my offer still stands
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    ......woo hoo, I am turning 50 this year !!! time to get a 125!!!

rode the kid's fairly fresh motor RM125 yesterday and parked it with an ear to ear smile (again).
  4. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Robert are you going to be in Luceren for the National this weeken
  5. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

racing around the woods on a bike most think are made for 14 yr olds will do that to you!!! There is an inner 14 yr old in every adult just looking for a way to get out!!! brrraaaaap
  6. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

This is not one of the giant ones. It is a "120" but maybe a 110 at most. Also it is 11 pounds which seems about average. I'll see how it works soon.

I'll be testing power valves this weekend and hopefully the CR ignition soon afterwards.

[IMG]
  7. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

What is the profile % ? 100 ? 90 ? 80? Makes a big difference in width when on the rim. Look at Michelin's sizing. In a Mich. a 120 is a 125 size tire. It is a 120/80X18 which makes it more like a 100/100 in actual size. You can down size the tire 10mm for every 10% reduction in profile.

8. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

120/80/18. Not nearly as tall as the MT16 I just took off. The carcass measures about 100mm wide.
  9. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That is a very small tire. Same size as the Michelin of the same. The Pirelli MT16 which was called a 400X18 was more like a 110/100X18 (which it is called now) or the same size as the old Metzeler Motocross Enduro 450X18.

I bet it is nearly 100mm tall also. Making it more like a 100/100X18.
  10. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have been running a maxis desert it 100-90-19 with a extra heavy dudy tube
    and 18psi and lots of baby powder since 2006 no flats yet
  11. HxcEnduRo Husqvarna
    AA Class

after this last ride this last weekend i am so pumped to take on any larger bore I am truely confident in the performance of the cr125 against 250f's and some 450's no joke. our local track this last weekend hosted it's 3rd annual pro invitaional and your's truely raced the intermediate lights class. i am 28yrs old and over 200lbs. I got first place and finished 42.8 sec in front of second place on a 2006 cr125. the second place rider was a thousand oaks yamaha team rider that won the amatuer nationals at glen helen. I dont mean to tute my own horn but i sure as hell will rev the 125! cr's all the way baby!
  12. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    ok, ill admit, got a lil CR envy.

outstanding results hxc and it aint bragging if ya really done it. congrats. :thumbsup:

ps: the pipe on yer bike is really cool too. nekid. :cool:
  13. HxcEnduRo Husqvarna
    AA Class

i like the power of the stock pipe "off idle" more than my dep.. so i buffed it out and took a map gas torch too it for that factory look.. thanks
  14. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

For those of you converting to the CR from the WR ignition, this is a picture of where my CR is marked from the Factory. It is .100" up from the bottom of the little timing surface. I have marked it in blue on my WR in the picture. The CR ignition changes 1 degree for every 1mm of movement of the stator plate.

Attached Files:

15. HxcEnduRo Husqvarna
    AA Class

16. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Kelly has it about right.... Horses for courses! You ride MX and Dez, ride a CR. You ride snotty tight woods, ride a WR. 2 biggest threads in the Husky forum on TT were about '04 CR125's and how to put the power where you could actually use it in the woods!
  17. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    Walt, thank you!

I fired her up this morning, and rode it around the block gently. It's been so long since I rode it in WR form that it is hard to recall the typical engine noises. It definitely feels snappier. Didn't hear any knocking or pinging so it must be in the ballpark.

The bike has been sitting for a while and feels as though it could use some fresh gas and some jetting. I am going to try to get out tomorrow and do some tinkering.

FYI I am using the JD ignition with a 2010 CR 125 coil and a 2002 stator/rotor. I played off Walt's recommendation for mounting the ignition, but I cut up an old bicycle tube and made a pouch held together with zip ties and secured to frame with zip ties as well.
  18. Husqvarna125 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE250, 2015 TE200, 1984 WR 400
    Would it be possible to post a picture of the way you mounted the box?
  19. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

For reference here is a complete WR ignition next to the complete CR one.

[IMG]

Here is how I mounted the CDI. I am not sure where the stock location is but I guess this will work for one or two rides while I test.

[IMG]
  20. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    wow that is really very big different in FWs and stators coil wrappings... Nice job on the mounting ...

Too bad all U 125 guys are not next door neighbors ... we could get some real 125 action then ... Maybe even some local news headlines ... :)