1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Cr125's only, You Wr's beware!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by HxcEnduRo, Jan 15, 2011.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Looks about like mine does except the stock rubber mounting strap in place of a few of the zip ty's. If you buy the 09 mounting bracket it should mount right there. Thanks for the comparison pics. I should have done that.
  2. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    The stator that NW has pictured with the long wire lead out of the stator looks like the '09. I see he mentioned it was an '02...maybe it has been modified and a longer wire lead installed??

Wally gave me a heads up about the lead length out of the stator.

The one pictured here has the shorter lead from the '08 and earlier CR's, I think.

The '08 cdi mounted with the gold bracket to the frame downtube between the radiators.
    There will be some splicing/waterproof shrinkwrap involved to get the cdi up to the '09 location that NW showed.

I believe all else is the same between the '08 and '09.

Could someone post a picture of how the '09 cdi box was mounted from the factory on the cr?
    I believe Wally mentioned something about getting the '09 bracket to mount the cdi...

[IMG]
  3. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    I mounted mine much like NWRider did, mine floats a little bit though.

Rode the bike for roughly 3-4hrs today...plain and simple it rips compared to the WR. Takes a little more finesse in the tight stuff. felt like 2hp more across the board, front wheel comes up effortlessly up to about fourth gear.

Jetting is much easier, granted the bike was already in the ballpark but I can just tell with the few adjustments I made, been jetting WR tiddlers for 3-4 years now. I am fairly sure the timing marks that Walt posted are spot for those that do not have the tool(at least on my engine). No bad engine noises and very well balanced power; no bias to top or bottom. The bike will get away from you a little easier than the WR.

Bottom line I am in love! For harescrambles and desert style stuff it is perfect, for super tight enduros I think I would get crazy armpump from clutching, although the only armpump I got today was on my throttle side even in the semi tight stuff I rode.

I think the best of both is that steahly flywheel(a light one,CR really doesnt need much) and a rewind for lights. Until I get those two items I I will not put the WR ignition back on unless I run a supertight enduro.

If you have any specific questions fire away!! I am so pumped!! PS havn't tried the dual map switch yet.

Thanks a million Walt!!! without that picture I'd still be waiting on that tool!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there is no bog or transition issues with the CR as others have stated. It makes it pretty obvious that there is an issue with WR ignitions. I have the Wallybean spring kit, but I have no need for it in CR form. i will probably tinker anyway! [IMG]
  4. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Just an FYI..
    Here is where the CDI is mounted on my 2008 CR125. Is there space available on the 2009+ frames to mount it on the frame downtube (like shown below)? This would eliminate having to route it high under the tank like the other pics posted earlier

[IMG]

[IMG]
  5. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    MattR, thanks for the picture.

The 09 does not have the frame to radiator orientation that the '08 has. The downtube is sort of recessed back in space between the radiators. Sorry about the congested picture, nothing was removed for the picture, its' a very busy area. At a quick glance the bolt holes are not there to mount the cdi bracket and if they were there, I believe the bracket would have to be blocked off the frame or the bracket would hit both radiators

This weekend I plan on getting some garage time...will take some pictures of what I run into...

Anybody have that '09 CR cdi mounting picture I was looking for??

Thanks,

[IMG]
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The CDI that I sent to NWRider is the 09 with lighting coils added. Really a snap to wind them yourself by the way. I got a Steahly 6 oz fww for when it is in 144 mode. I will post up a pick of the fww this weekend. Very clean piece, funtions well and is bullet proof.
  7. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    I noticed that you did that. Is it enough for the stock lights and power up led tail? Could you point me in the direction of a how to for rewinding? I rarely need lights, just always had them on bikes and love the look. Nothing like passing an mx bike in a scramble and them seeing the tailight haha. Good to hear about the steahly, roughly how much for the cover spacer? Did you go through hall's like MattR?
  8. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    It took me a little while to comprehend this timing thing, but here's my take...
    If you read and comprehend the instruction...good for you - it took me a while.
    Apparently the ''timing'' tool, number 2 below, is different for the WR and the CR. It actually has an arm that is used to mark the case in the appropriate location for the WR verses the CR, look at the two different setups. The tool has a keyway in it to keep it lined up.

You use a dial indicator to find TDC, zero the indicator on the dial, leave the stator off and attach the appropriate tool (#2) to the crankshaft for which ever stator you have; cr or wr. Then you rotate the crank with the special tool clockwise until the dial indicator is at the prescribed degrees before TDC; 15 for the WR and 4 for the CR. See chart below. At this point I think you are to mark the case where ever the tool arm ends up. This mark on the case should be the line up point for the mark on the stator.

Again this has nothing to do with what bike, but what stator you have to get the timing to factory specs. You could adjust slightly from this point.

I know a couple of you people have this tool on order/back order...am I any where in the ballpark? And how would it be possible to switch stators without this tool or Wallys blue mark?

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

My blue mark is where the mark is on my 09 CR 125 motor. It is going to be close but that is about it until I get the tool to set it precisely.
  10. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Think I have an '06 Cr125 ignition in my parts box. I bought a low hour cr125 motor with a seized rod and a busted case half a while back.

I believe it needs one wire fixed on the plug to the CDI. it seems to have pulled out of the conector if I remember.

I can check if someone is interested.
  11. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm interested PM sent
  12. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You guys are funny back in 2006 and just about every day since then i have been saying a CR
    is a better bike then a Wr boy that should get this thread going again just having fun with you guys
  13. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

John,

I was one of those skeptics who is now convinced. Thanks for being persistant and getting the message out.
  14. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    John,

Some of us are late bloomers.
  15. Husqvarna125 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE250, 2015 TE200, 1984 WR 400
    I am intrigued as well... have run the WR ignition for years. Going to give the CR one a try :) Also going to try the 167 :0 Can't wait!
  16. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    But the price...[IMG]...and some of us have bloomed and gone to seed!

But we ain't going down gracefully! [IMG]
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Be glad you made it all the way to blooming :)
  18. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Question, Does moving the CDI box from it's shorter mounting affect the voltage transfer thru the wires. In other words, longer the wire the less voltage to the box?
  19. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    NWrider, great pic of the two complete setups side-by-side... anyone weigh the flywheels for comparison? can WR owners trim any material from the FW? (been searching to see if anyone has talked about this)
  20. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Believe it or not darty, I thought about that; but not for long...
    My reasoning...

The stator setup nw showed from wally is a '09 that's mounted under the seat from the factory.

I would be hard pressed to think that Husky changed anything in the stator except the length of lead wire to the connector. So the '08 with a longer lead should be no different.

Is there anybody out there that lengthen the wires and run a bike yet?? Not matter what model.

Where's our electrical engineers??