Cycle News closes its doors.

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Coffee, Sep 1, 2010.

1. JimO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TE 450, '08 TE 510, '10 TXC 450
    I call this an indication of how bad the media maggots have got us tuned in to all spin 'drama' news, Fox, CNN, HLN etc. Its all crap folks. Shut off the boob tube for a minute and pick up a newspaper. I can tell you there is nothing more exciting that to turn on the computer and get to the second happenings around the world, results, photos and stories of anything. Wow thats awesome. But we need to keep the 'hard wire'. Do you know how easy it would be for an organized group to almost instantly cripple our computers and cell phones, leaving most young people blindfolded?

What I'm saying is the internet is great for information but dont throw away the Cycle News just because we got the news 1 day earlier.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I'll agree ... what I have saw in my lifetime is disgusting ... the last 10 have are just the final collapse of a path set ~3-4 decades ago ...

Allowing m$ to control ~90% of the public computers falls right into UR model ... It is actually a national security threat but just another way the GOV is pathetic and cannot be fixed .. The net has UNIX running lots so it cannot be taken down so easily but blinding all if us on m$ OS is very possble .. . God bless america sounds like we are begging for help now :(

Most of us lived a lifetime without a cell or computer ... They have opened up communication but have also spawned all these sleazy talk shows that pretend to be news shows ... They all have their own agendas and paint pictures of what they think life n the usa should be ... I think most are traitors to our country and way of life ...
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I believe relying on any single source of information is not good, be it text books in school, printed media, and of course the internet. The primary problem with the internet is that anyone who can type in a convincing enough manner tends to be believed regardless of reality. And that especially rings true for a peer-to-peer internet forum.

The magazines & newspapers need to adapt, and a few have attempted to be online, but I've not seen many do a good job at doing that. I think they eventually need to and will.
  4. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    ya this sux...of course they cashed my subscription only 4 days ago...hmmm
  5. Suamico SD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 350 , Gas Gas Raga 300
    Don't fret, they are still updating the website frequently, sorry about your subscription. I consider my remaining months a donation to the website.