Dirty Tardin' In Central California

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by WoodsChick, Mar 14, 2011.

1. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I'm not into long slab rides anymore so I have no issue trucking my bikes down...even the 610 with street tires. I bet you'd have a blast riding your 310 on those 4wd roads, though, if you trucked it down!
  2. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Who said anything about slabbing it down? :)

I take the fun ways. Much of it might be paved, but they're usually pretty twisty, often quite goaty or even a little dirty. But that takes more time, which isn't always an option.
  3. jfoulkrod Husqvarna
    AA Class

Always great travelogues! When is that coffee table book coming out?
  4. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I don't know, jfouklrod [IMG]Maybe when I can't ride anymore? (shudder!!)
    ozzie likes this.
  5. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Ya know, some folks make a living doing presentations and books to fund their journeys.

If I could figure out how to make that work for me, I'd be all over it.
  6. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Every time I see these ride report I think I should jump on a plane and hit some of those US trail. I can not wait for the pics of the stoyford ride coming up:banghead: it would be good to meet and ride with some of you guys in the flesh
  7. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I've been told to never turn your hobby into your living...but it sure sounds tempting!

Hop on a plane and come on over anytime, Ozzie! Seriously, we have a garage full of bikes and would be happy to take you riding [IMG]
    I hope we won't have to postpone the Stonyford ride due to the crazy weather we've been having. I'm really looking forward to meeting up and riding with some CafeHusky folks, too!
  8. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    If it gets postponed, it'll still happen soon enough.

One of my local friends is planning a Stony ride around April 15th. I told him I'm doing another ride (street) that weekend and that I was doing stony at the end of March with Cafe Husky and he was all... wtf? I told him I've been seeing other forums.
    Muddy Waters likes this.
  9. vegtablebrain Husqvarna
    AA Class

All our liquor stores are government owned (LCBO: Liquor Control Board Ontario) It takes highly qualified staff to scan a bar code. Sometimes they may proof somebody. But it's really not the staff it's the greedy government that can't balance a budget.
    No sign of intelligent life either. They charge a 20cent / bottle deposit but don't take returns. If I want to get my deposit back I have to return bottles to a Beer Store. BS or Beer Stores are owned by a few breweries. Most of which are now foreign owned. Unlike beer bottles that may get refilled, wine and liquor bottles don't. There is a recycling truck that picks up glass ect every week, but brain dead enviromentalists have us wasting gas to return bottles that a recycling truck could pick up. If I put bottles out for the truck, then rubbies go through my blue box and take the bottles because they can get 20 cents for them.
    Sorry about the rant.
  10. jimmyc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 TXC449, 09 SM610, WR250, plated
    Other Motorcycles:
    18YZ250X GS1200 busa duc900SS GG
    WoodsChick ,
    So, did you say you like that SM610 , [IMG]..

I'm loving mine ( except for the MUD!!! ) Cant wait to do some weekend Dual Sporting trips , The weather here in PA is still a little ominous.
  11. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the offer woodsChick, I have a few things to do before I hit the states 1 is to ride the fink track NT and 2 is to do Cape York in QLD this year. So maybe I"ll take up your offer next year

Kel
  12. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    No need to apologize! It's interesting hearing how stuff works in other places. I know what you mean about the recycling thing. When we put our recycling cans out at night half the contents are strewn about the street by dawn. I don't mind folks going through it for the bottles that have a redemption value, but a little respect and courtesy would go a long way.

Um, yeah, I'm thinking I'm going to like that 610 of mine. Hard to say, though, as it only has 9000+ miles on it so far. I think it's going to work out between us, though [IMG]

Next year sounds good to me [IMG]
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I have dual sport helmet envy. That is one nice helmet! [IMG]
  14. TORT Husqvarna

great road and good pics
  15. TE 250 Girl Husqvarna
    A Class

Woodschick you take such beautiful pictures! They are always so interesting to look at.

Your Dual Sport rides look like so much fun![IMG]
  16. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for the kudos! Fun is the ultimate goal!