1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Does autoclutch turn wr300 into cheater bike?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by firecrotch, Mar 14, 2011.

1. mantrap Husqvarna
    AA Class

Can you use the left hand rear brake with the EXP, do you need the clutch lever to adjust the gap?
  2. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    I think they actually work better for a smaller motor. I installed the Rekluse Pro on my wife's 2007 SX 105 KTM. It allows the motor to spool up a little before engaging, putting the power in the meatier portion of the power band on the bottom end.I'll probably never sell that bike cause it is so much fun to ride with that clutch.
  3. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I had them on 525EXC KTM and a 315cc 250XCF KTM. NO THANKS. They made it harder to keep the rpm where I wanted it. Clutch slipped too much and failed ( Yes, it was adjusted correctly with the heavier tungsten balls). I found it made me work harder to go fast not easier.
    Just my opinion but I did try a EFM and a Rekluse.
  4. haulin husky7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 txc310, 2000 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 TM 300en, 93 KLX650R, 1975 XR75
    hows the wear on the clutch plates? how much power does it smooth out?
  5. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Well, I just installed mine. Unfortunately, I can't go riding any time soon to really test it out. I messed around in the alley a bit, and initially the bike stalled when I put it in gear, clutch in. I thought, oh crap messed something up... Then I revved it a little when I put it in gear and it mellowed out. Then it seemed like it wouldn't engage at all. Those were some scary 3 minutes. It seems like the engagement point is starting to decline in the RPM range as time goes on. I did manage to do a brake stand after a little warm up. I think I got it installed right.

Hopefully next week I can actually test it out, before the snow flies. :(
  6. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Mine wore out quickly.
  7. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    If you have the experience and talent of Vinduro an auto clutch does not help so much and like he says may even hurt. Although I am not sure he has tried the latest Core EXP because it hooks up just above idle and you can use the clutch manually at any rpm. I have had a z-start in a KTM 250, and currently have a EFM in a wr125 and core exp in tc250. I have had very little wear because all the slipping occurs at off idle speed. Main reason I use them is for anti stall and I can focus on gas, brake, and steering.
    Auto clutches help us mere mortal riders immensely.
    GP
    wallybean, 454x and Bill502 like this.
  8. mac75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just installed my exp 2.0 last week. So far I am not happy with it.. In the past i have ran the z-start and pro on other bikes and this worked nothing like them... My clutch pull is doudle of what it used to be... Very , very hard to pull in.. ( rekluse told me there is nothing they can do about it with this design) I cant get it to slip either... climbing hills and 2nd gear starts require lots of manual clutch now.. Not easy with the addded stiffness to the clutch.. I am going to try the stiffer spring this weekend to see if it lets the rpms up before it engages.. The bike was very awkward to ride cause you where forced to fight the clutch all the time.. Tight technical trails where difficult cause the bike would want to wheelie evrywhere.. Ill let you know if it gets better.
  9. Andrew188 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I use a core exp on my 250TCi 2011.... i just love that !! never another bike without Rekluse EXP.
  10. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Call them I'm running the trail clutch on my 2004 CR 125. Ask for Sean tell him Kevin said to call
  11. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I hate the pull on your clutch. It needs more than the 2 finger lever.
  12. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Mac, keep us posted how it turns out?
  13. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    Did they just start making the EXP for the 125 Husky? I have the EFM on my 167 but am looking for the cheaper alternative for a friend of mine who just got a 125WR. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if the adjustabilty of the lever changes with the different springs as these bikes need a little clutch fanning on the hills, and us old short legged guys need the anti stall features.
    Bill
  14. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

I've never wanted an a/c on a ktm, but I admit, I have considered it on my husky. Not for normal trailriding, but for enduro racing. I definitely had to use some extra thought and energy to avoid making clutch mistakes towards the end of each day at idaho city this year (approx 6 hours each day of hard twisty fast bumpy demanding riding). It's only an issue because i'm a wimp and the husky has a fairly heavy clutch pull compared to my other bikes.
  15. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    So early last spring i was trail riding and my right boot caught on a stump and twisted back violently. It was one of those "oh god" moments. I rode back to the truck and it was sore the next day but nothing major, BUT there was no way in hell I would have been able to kick start it that day. So I still havent bought an autoclutch for mainly that reason.
    Is there such a thing as an autoclutch you can at least manually set to bump start if you needed?
  16. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Dynaring or the Rekluse trail I think is the same as Dynaring
  17. Torrmentor Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a dynaring in one of my WR 250's. I won't race woods again without it. Incredible. With the dynaring, you set the gap via tension on the clutch cable. If you want to bump start, just slacken the cable. Although I tipped over 3x in my last race and the bike just idles nicely, no stalling.
    You'll have to find one used however.
  18. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

They have it ... I was the test bed for this.. It's not the full clutch just the ring... and Walt is right about the clutch pull it has the stock clutch feel to it, which is a disadvantage if your running the Left hand rear brake.
  19. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

A easy pull clutch perch helps , but not a option for a LHRB
  20. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    One of the main reasons for the stock clutch feel was so many complaints with to lite of a clutch feel on the Z Start Pro.People wanted an auto clutch with a "stock feel" to it.