EBR (Eric Buell) lives on...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Oct 22, 2013.

1. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I know this is a husky site but when I dream of a bike like that, I want an aprilia sxv550 motor or a 2 stroke :). Sorry lol
    supervision likes this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  3. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Yuck lol
    The good news is there should be a ton of fuel in that frame lol
  4. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Yeh that SXV is a ripper. I enjoyed riding one but its a shame the first couple years of that motor was nothing but a 2 cylinder claymore.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  6. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR

i put 3300 trouble-free miles on my '07 550, all backroads and 1 trackday. what a blast that thing was. def got lucky with zero issues though.
  7. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 SMR, TE250, CR125, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    Looking forward to the release of the street fighter/naked version of the 1190.
  8. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

i once saw eric buell in person, but was too shy to even say "hi". he's one of the few people who combines the passion and the ability to build extraordinary motorcycles. a huge inspiration.

well, who doesn't?
    i was honored to be allowed to see the only britten v1000 that's located in europe last year. while many german collectors are quite elitist and secretive about their toys, unwilling to let "ordinary people" even have a look, italians are totally different. i was given an address and date/time to "a friend's workshop", which turned out to be one of the most fascinating collection of motorcycles i have ever seen. they put the bike in the middle of some huge empty space, let me look at the bike for 2 hours, take photos until the battery was empty, and even sit on the bike. when i left, the owner said to me "thank you for wanting to see this beautiful motorcycle", leaving me speechless.i will never forget that experience.

r

IMG_4355.jpg
    ray_ray, JonXX, woodsrider and 4 others like this.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    What a cool experience. Thanks.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    wowo ... Did not know this ... CAT is one of the companies that is a corner stone of the worlds economy... Just another american company (?) that sits in frontseat, and reducing risk(?) by not investing in all phases of the equipment with its' name on it.

--
    ARM computer chips in so many devices are designed by ARM and this design is licensed out to APPL and others for manufacturing... Intel, on the other hand, designs and manufactures its chips 100% ... I'm placing bets (small ones) Intel moves to the front again in 1-2 yrs in this other-than-PCs segment of the market...

--

Good luck Eric ...
  11. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    There is a V1000 in the museum/collection display in Solvang, California. It's sitting between Rollie Free's Vincent Black Shadow and one of H-D's first "modern" roadracers, with a rotary-powered '82 Norton next to that.
  12. bearorso Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've seen quite a few CG pics of the Buel / HD Dirt Bike project of a few years ago. With Hero behind / employing Buel, I'd be very surprised if something doesn't come from them with regards to Dirt Bikes. Probably more basic ones, but a high end , real performance Dirt Bike, at a reasonable cost, could certainly sell well. There are far bigger, emerging markets for toys / recreational activities 'Bikes', than we in the West can provide as customers. Though, with good prices, on good bikes, there could be a resurgence in Dirt Bike sales in the West. It's there for the taking, especially in new markets.