EJK

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Biff Malibu, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Nick780 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 Suzuki GS400E
    Sent my BMW unit back in December to get updated to the TR650 software. Will report when I get it back.
  2. Craig Hashey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    1984 Harley FXWG, 2003 Harley FLSTS

I'm happy with my EJK.
  3. wferrari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    V-Strom
    Judging from my personal experience, I would suggest the EJK, but based on the feedback in this forum you won't go wrong with either one. The EJK is more adjustable, but at the same time you'll have disconnect the O2 sensor, which means that it should not cope well with altitude variations, although I've not experienced problems during my trip from sea level to 1700 meters. The AF-XIED is more "proper", as it still uses the ECU to do the enrichment. The problem is that this occurs in all situations, including at high rpms, when the TR already runs rich. So both have their tradeoffs, but both are definitive solutions without having to shell out money for a PCV.
  4. wferrari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    V-Strom
    Got a response by email from Jeroen. Basically all he asks is for me to pay for the return shipment.
  5. drzcharlie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Fayetteville, Arkansas with my Redheaded Mistress
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Burgman 650 (The Barcolounger)
    AF-XIED on setting 8. Works a treat. I can't speak to the EJK as I haven't tried it but someone will chime in. Costs are nearly the same I think.
  6. rww Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati, Cagiva Kaw Zuki Honda
    I have just ordered the EJK 9110038 for the TR650. I am doing a valve adjust/6000 mile service oil drain mod with the EJK. Has anyone run the TR specific unit yet ? I was wondering how the stock setting worked out.
  7. danketchpel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Moto Guzzi, Ducati, Beta
    I think you might be the first.

Please report back after you've gotten to take it for a ride and get the settings dialed in.

I wouldn't mind hearing how the valves looked either.
  8. rww Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Will Do
  9. rww Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Other Motorcycles:
    My Report

The EJK out of the box will most likely correct the lean stumble on a stock bike....and that's a guess. My valves were dead nuts in the middle of the range. I run 100% synthetic oil and change it about every 3000 miles. The stock setting on the power card were way too lean and the green to yellow switch point is making me crazy. I finally went down to 2 and it seems to be happy now. Time will tell. My bike has a UNI foam air filter and and the pipes have been cored I have the stock spark plug type in at this time. The bike is much smoother, has better throttle response.....it feels like its freed up.
  10. wferrari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    V-Strom
    Just received my re-flashed unit. Probably won't be able to test it until later this weekend, but I'll surely write a feedback in this forum once I get the chance.
  11. sussurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Sprint 1050, Daytona 955i
    Just to add some balance to this thread, my Terra is getting better as it ages. Bone stock except for the 3D printed airbox/Unifilter upgrade. It has 10,000k and runs great. The occasional stumble when cold but other than that it's great. It does seem to be behaving itself better in the warmer summer weather. I won't be fitting a spoofer etc.
    engineerk9 likes this.
  12. Nick780 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 Suzuki GS400E
    Received the TR650-flashed unit this morning. Over lunch I did an ECU/TPS reset then installed the EJK.
    Running with pod mod, Brisk plugs, 15t front sprocket, de-catted exhausts.

Only had a few minutes to ride around so far but initial impressions with the stock configuration (haven't even checked what it's set at):
    -No hesitation when rolling on throttle, a little easier getting the front wheel up in first gear.
    -Less engine braking
    -Less popping on decel
    -Still feels a bit vibey around 5k

Will get better acquainted with the stock EJK settings before I get to playing with it much. So far it's definitely a marked improvement over the standard fueling.
  13. wferrari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    V-Strom
    I finally got around at riding the bike this morning. First of all, just for the record, the stock settings are 4-3-1-1-3-4.5, which are in somewhat reminiscent of my previous settings. I wonder if they are truly stock settings or just something derived from my previous ones.

I have to say that with the stock settings the bike rides as well as with the personalized ones for the 650gs unit. The only real difference I experience is during engine breaking, particularly in the first and second gears. The breaking power gets suddenly stronger at some point, something fairly annoying, especially when leaning in the turn. I believe that this is easily adjustable be either lowering the green/yellow point, or increasing the green one. I will lower the green/yellow to two on my commute back home.
  14. rww Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Other Motorcycles:
    My EJK tr specific unit was 4-3-.5-.5-3-4.5 :excuseme:
  15. Nick780 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 Suzuki GS400E

Mine as well
  16. wferrari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    V-Strom
    I probably should have checked better, it looked to me as solid 1, but I may have be a little hasty. In any case I'm experiencing the same problems you were experiencing some time ago, basically some really bad stumbles that last for few seconds when I open the throttle after decelerating at around 4000rpm. Actually, let me rephrase it, the engines switches off entirely for a few seconds, as if there is no injection whatsoever.

Did the problem cure itself after a while? Has Dobeck done anything toward your issue? I think in the end I'll have to revert back to the 650gs settings, but I really find it odd that the TR650 unit is being officially marketed as it is, unless I got an older firmware than the retail one.
  17. Nick780 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 Suzuki GS400E

I hit that for the first time today while accelerating from stop. Rolling on the throttle after hitting third it was like there was no fuel moving at all?? Could hear a faint glug-glug sound from somewhere in the bike while there was no throttle response. Glanced down and was at about 3,800 rmp when the ordeal ended. Lasted maybe a second overall, not harsh engine breaking but no acceleration either.

I've been riding around a fair bit since putting the ejk back in and this is the only time it's happened. Since the gen 3's are not supposed to be able to reduce fueling I'm confused as to what's up with this.
  18. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist

I have run a Dobeck fueler in the past (HD XR1200) and I found out you can make real time changes to the fueling. Start a log with your settings and conditions and change it if you don't like it!!
    Make only one change at a time because they overlap. And... Are you guys unpluging the O2???
    Please keep us posted on your results! Go Fat!!
  19. wferrari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    V-Strom
    Sorry but I've got you confused with "Craig Hashey".

I have this problem every 5 minutes, I guess due to my driving style. It's not only annoying but extremely dangerous. I'm going to give it a few more day, after performing a ECU reset without it, and see of there's any change. If not, this unit is going back for reflashing.
  20. Roger 04 RT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 (friend's)
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    Techlusion products, including the ejk need rpm and engine load info inorder to function. They get both of those by measuring injection signal. The rpm of the engine is measured by counting how often the injector turns on. The engine load is determined by how long the injection pulse is.

If you decelerate with a closed throttle, there are NO infection pulses during the Overrun Fuel Cutoff phase of ecu operation. OFC usually occurs while decelerating, with throttle fully closed, above a certain rpm. Since there are no injection pulses the ejk loses track of rpm and engine load.

Then, for a few injection pulses after you open the throttle, the ejk relearnsmrpm and load and starts functioning again. This moment is a weak spot for the terra (very lean) and a weak time for the ejk. I believe that is your problem.