1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc electric start wr?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Fredrik, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Been and gone, TL1000R & FIreblade
    I was thinking of getting an exhaust system but ditched the idea in favour for the lectron as in my eyes if it makes starting easier then that is better in the long run than an exhaust.. so, how do you drop the compression? Mine is crazy hard to kick over and I'm 6'3 and 13 stone so shouldn't be so hard unless it's just because the motor has almost no hours on it??? I'm no mechanic!.
  2. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    13 stone how many kilo of rock is that??:excuseme:

lowering the compression can be done to put a thicker base gasket on the cylinder

if that is still to much for you you might consider to do a head modification but personal i would not be to eager to go for that

also make sure your kick technique is the right one as when you do it in the wrong position with your body it burns by far more energy

Robert-Jan
  3. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Google says 13 stone is about 83 kilos.. not massive but fairly average I like to think :D 're the technique, I try and kick more towards the rear hub than down to the ground if that makes sense.. however after about 4 kicks I'm done for a minute. The compression is high as I have to get all my weight on the kick start when it's at Tdc. A mate has a wr125 and that can be done by hand!.

I think I'll take your advise and hold off. Hopefully the carb will do the trick so long as she fires up hot with two to three kicks.
  4. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    break compression get the kicker to top of the stroke and kick back not down so yes your technique is correct, probbaly freash engine it will bed in and should be hard but not killer, i did a decompression mod on my 360 cus im 10st wich is 74kilo i can stand on my kicker and it doesnt budge...:cry: good times.

base gasket also changes the timing openings but probably not enough to notice it substansially
    Myles Walshe likes this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I've got a 08 WR250 and all I do is straddle the bike, jump up high and come down with my right foot on the kicker while grabbing a handful of throttle on the way down ... Sort of like coming off the top rope in the WWE ... None of that girly push-down needed on a 4t ... 1-3 of these is all it needs quite often ...

Not sure on the CARB tuning as it came this way ....

010 plastics on there ..
    102_0026.JPG

--
    Not ready yet to make a dirt bike buying decision based on it having an e-start or not, but I do understand getting older and all ...

Dirt Bike starting tip #1 -- Park bike on a hill as often as possible when trail riding and bump start the bike ... Works often on 1 try and you look like you have been on a dirt bike ride before.
  6. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    It's odd as opening the throttle on mine made it sound less like it was going to fire and also the dash wouldn't show the kind of test screen (can't think what else to call it??) Which it would do when the throttle was closed.. good tip 're down hill though.. Will bear that in mind. Great photo by the way.. I like living in England but God I wish we had some open space that could be ridden with police taking your bike and crushing it!
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    My WR250 just starts ... Just kick it like you mean it and I ~always grab a hand full of throttle when kicking ...About the exact opposite of starting a 4t machine ...

Bump starting a bike is part of and embedded in the machine ...

--
    No one on Cebu is after bike riders in the countryside... You'll get applause when riding most likely from the locals ... Its ~remote out there and a dirt bike riding mecca ... I'll ride here till my last day I hope ...

Good luck on starting your bike ... I know it can be a pain when not starting but hang in there :)
    Myles Walshe likes this.
  8. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    x2 same here in Cambodia :thumbsup:

Robert-Jan
    Myles Walshe likes this.
  9. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    You don't know how lucky you guys are. Thanks re the starting.. Will update once I've got the lectorn fitted.
  10. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Lectron arrived today.. fitted, 3 kicks and bingo!. Only started up and let warm up on the driveway but seems spot on to me. Will give it a ride tomorrow and see how she works on the hot starts. Is it me of does the lectron give it a different exhaust note?.
    ray_ray and juicypips like this.
  11. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Mine sounds very different with the lectron, I thought something may be wrong at first.
    Myles Walshe likes this.
  12. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    keep us posted myles
    Myles Walshe likes this.
  13. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks Rob, that is good to know.. seems less ting ting to me if that makes sense!.

Will do juicy.. pulled the plug and it was spotless after the warm up.. Will give her a run in a bit and report back
  14. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    ps Rob - you wr in supermoto style looks amazing.. very stealthy in all black.
  15. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Mate mine lost all the ting ting lol. Got pulled up by the police conducting bike defects last weekend and even with the DEP exhaust, they still said it was quiet enough. No fines, stoked. Thanks too for the kind words.
    sabortooth and Myles Walshe like this.
  16. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just back in.. big grin going on! Feels nice and crisp and ran quite smooth low down. I'm no hero so I don't use the top end though on the road it felt 100% to me. Not going to touch the set up as it ain't broke and all that. Best thing of all was that she started up first kick both cold and hot.. left her stand for a minute or so and fired up easy (didn't with the standard), then left in 10 mins and bingo fired up a treat.. can't over do how pleased I am. Only problem now is the bloody rear light jetted itself off somewhere on my ride!.. start saving Juicy :)
  17. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    ive got a rear light for my 360 spare if its the same angular shape as 250 its yours, i will have to start saving considering selling my kmx its time i think
    Myles Walshe likes this.
  18. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's really kind. I've been out on the mountain bike and retraced my steps and found it. The screw holes are both broke from possible over tightening (maybe last owner or just very brittle and gave up over time??). I've found a Ufo replacement for £40.. LED and rear fender in one. How much for the rear light lense?. No idea if it is the same unit but they don't seem to change anything on these bikes so I bet it is!
  19. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    i will send you a picture and mesurements its an angular obe shaped like a 50 p corner almost. will be about lunch till i get up to the house.
    Myles Walshe likes this.
  20. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    yup its the same i checked halls catalouge its 8A00 88873 if you do parts search on his site its the same as my 02 360 it must run through many years.

so myles pm me your address an i will send it tomorrow.

n.b. truly sorry about completly hijacking this thread... but im sharing husky love.
    Myles Walshe likes this.