1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc English mag comparison Husky, KTM, GasGas.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good discussion. :thumbsup: I have both 50mm shivers and KYB. I like them both. I do think I like the Zokes better though. I ride three sets regularly. Two WR125's and a 08 TXC250. Love them all for trail work. Mine has been revalved and the other two have fancy springs in them. All are VERY good. The 2010 TXC250 has the KYB. All stock, 800 some miles. Work very well. Controled, stiff without being harsh, can be pushed hard and not get floppy. That said the Zokes seem to disapear trail trash better and still remain controlled. They actually do feel bigger in dia than the KYB to me. Seem to hold a line slightly better. KYB is a little more nervous over embedded rock etc. Jakes has his working really nice and plush, little soft for me... whipped butter. Shanes on his 09 WR125 work very well. My revalved ones on my WR125 is not as plush but the control is crazy. Charge into anything and blast out. Well OK 125 blast. :D Fun.

All good forks but i have to say overall I prefer the Zokes. Will have the KYB's valved and report. That bike needs respringed for me as well.
  2. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Torques recommended by Les (LTR) on my 08 TE 510- Upper clamp-16 ft/lb, Lower clamp-12 ft/lb. Melted Butter!
  3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

You could probably get the Zokes as good as the KYB´s if you revalve, but i don´t think the bikes they test are revalved. The KYB is probably better from the factory then, because all the tests i read says the KYB is an improvement. What do i know!:excuseme:
  4. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Drew said to go 11 ft/lb, PC. I went 12,...mainly 'cause I'm about half OCD. :D
    You can snug the top ones up to service manual specs, and that won't hurt a thing.

I kinda stepped in it with that "butter" reference huh?........:lol:
  5. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Thanks!

I'll have to re torque mine and see if I cant get some 'butter' action out of them :smirk:

I really have no complaints as is, but its hard to pass on an a potentially free upgrade.
  6. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Well, it can't hurt to try it,...but if you don't have any complaints with 'em "as is",...then I can just about guaran-damn-tee you they ain't clamp bound. :D
  7. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

is the forkleg that thin so this happens, or is the tolerances too tight?
  8. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

That upper tube is relatively thin walled aluminum, and while it's not flimsy by any means, it will distort in an over torqued pinch clamp enough to hinder the passage of the bushing on the lower.

This is what Drew told me about my Marzocchi Shivers,....I don't know if your Kayabas are as prone to this or not Johnny.
    I've never had anyone tell me this about the WPs on my KTMs though, or I'd have known not to bind my Zokes.
  9. excrider Husqvarna
    C Class

Fork tubes are thin, but it's not related to any brand in particular. It can happen with any fork of you're not careful.
  10. GreatBritishRob Husqvarna
    B Class