Epic ride...

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Motosportz, Oct 19, 2012.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Great lakes, great forests, diamond mines, deserts, snow, coal, we grow crops of all kinds, our domestic beers are ~not too bad, several great mountain ranges as shown here ... The states have it all ...
  2. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    I actualy ran into a bear once. We where both cruising along a trail and he ran out in front of me and we with slammed on brakes so to speak. He just barely touched me and spun around and ran opposite direction. I have seen bears maybe half a dozen times all my life riding in pnw while out riding. They are literally all over.

Kelly I gotta hook up with you on of these years out there. It's 4 hours each way for me but dang I love the Gifford Picts I have seen so far. Still have never been.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    shameful.
  4. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    That happens when you grow up spoiled and can ride across the street from your house to epic ridng for hundreds of miles(cle elum). Now driving more than an hour anywhere is just tough to swallow.
  5. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Oh how quickly the game changes...

This is a few miles from Kellys pics.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Later,
    wallybean, ray_ray, 86 400 XC and 2 others like this.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Awesome. Jake called and was all amped by his ride, Jake loves the snow. Crazy how that was 65 and sunny thursday!!!
  7. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Sure seems like winter is early this year. Around 18" of snow coming to the Sierra Nevada tomorrow.
  8. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Jake, I felt bad you weren't at Enduro X, but now I don't feel as bad! Early in the year to get a snow ride in. I bet the snow was in great shape. I enjoy riding in the snow as well, as long as it's not crusty. However, Not sure about a Trials in the snow?!?!?!!?
  9. cowboy86 Husqvarna
    A Class

hey i think ray rays right theres pretty good riden north east south and west of the fat bottom...hunn he might be on to something ...o and as far as how great it is in the pnw well i think i has rained every day since those photes were taken ..way to time it k
    jmetteer likes this.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Maybe a group buy is in order for the Fat Bottom Bar and Grill? ... it is a a perfect location for hitting the trails and GPNF plus the great state of OR is right over that big mountain to the south ... Two members\buyers will need to be on hand at the bar to help pay the property taxes and ELEC bill ... Everyone uses the place as a trail head and goes off riding each day ... Maybe rename to something like "Coffees FatBottom Husqvarna TrailHead Cafe " ...

-----

The PNW certainly has what you like then ...But it will crust over to where it is just a 6' high wall of concrete ... The cool par is in the summer next yr when you go up there each week and ride the snowless (wet?) bottom areas and then head up the mountain sides and into the snow line .. Each week the rides get longer and longer as the snow recedes to higher and higher elevations ... The creeks are also full of the melted snow ... Early in the year there are not alot of riders there also...Holidays and the areas might get a little crowded ...

11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep :cry:
  12. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    I blame you... You ruined it for the rest of us. :D

Later,
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    That's one nice snow riding video ... It shows the snow well and my gf here likes it ...