1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Exhaust for WR 300 2010

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I mostly go iceracing now and i just got a new needle recommended of JJ Hawk, so it will be intresting to compare that one to the "GAY" needle! The ice is a good place to do it!
  2. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

horsepower is only one side of the "performance" coin. the wr300 engine has less inertia than the ktm, which makes it more "spontaneous" to opening the throttle. also, the open power valve at high rpm makes the rider think "screaming top-end power", while at low rpm the power is more subtle, but nonetheless there.

with the 2010 pipe it's "more power everywhere". the 2009 engine had the same characteristics. and the jetting/pipe measured by the magazine is "open version", of course.

r
  3. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

So will the new 2010 OEM pipe fit my '09? I had to tack weld several leaking holes in the seams of my pipe right off the showroom floor.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I never had a stock pipe on my 02 CR250, but I did have 2 different PC pipes and 1 2C pipe. One PC pipe added some mid I think mostly...The other was 100% top end ... I had to use it in the woods a few times and this is when I really learned about clutch feathering as it stole all the bottom end and added it to the top...This became my desert pipe :banana:
    The 2C did it all..added bottom, added mid, and still screamed out the top...But these were racer pipes and much thinner and would not take all the wrecks I can dish out on the left side...If you pick up one of these, notice its weight as compared to a PC or what ever and go a head and buy a pipe guard..

Think carb jetting or suspensions are science? Here is some reading on 2-stroke pipes and at the bottom is a paragraph from the article just in case you want confusion without reading the entire article. :0)

http://www.motorcycle.com/how-to/ho...ambers-work-and-why-you-should-care-3423.html

In reality, expansion chambers are built to harness sound waves (created in the combustion process) to first suck the cylinder clean of spent gasses--and in the process, drawing fresh air/gas mixture (known as 'charge') into the chamber itself--and then stuff all the charge back into the cylinder, filling it to greater pressures than could be achieved by simply venting the exhaust port into the open atmosphere.
  5. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

yes.

r
  6. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Thank you sir,...good to know! :thumbsup:
  7. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Finally went and picked up the PC Platinum 2 pipe and silencer and got them installed today.

First off, the quality is certainly superior to the 09' OEM pipe. The stocker makes a weak 'ting' sound when you tap it with a wrench as where the PC pipe makes a dull 'THUD'. Far thicker material and the welds are perfect. It bolted right on with no modifications required. You must use the PC silencer with the pipe as the dimensions are quite a bit different.

I went for a little rip around the house and it sounds great and runs just fine. I didn't really have a chance to tear into the power, but from the little taste I got it runs better than the stocker. Bottom end felt similar, but the mid and top felt enhanced. Surprised cause this is their low-end power woods pipe, but I guess anything would feel better than my stocker that didn't seal properly to the cylinder and had broken welds.

I'll have a full ride report after tomorrow.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  8. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

It certainly looks better PC! How'd you get the rear tire to scrub the stock silencer like that? :lol:
  9. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I dont know about the rub marks. They just appeared one day.
    Most likely after a crash!

I got out yesterday and I must say my initial impressions of riding up and down my street were off. This is a low end pipe for sure. And my jetting is really fat right now... probably due to both the exhaust and the warm temps we're having. I think if I lean it out a bit it'll regain some of the clean, hard acceleration, but I dont this pipe will still rev out as well as the stocker.

Anyway, I rode some snotty and saturated mountain trails and it was great for that. It really is a great pipe combo for someone who is smooth with the throttle and would rather flow than sprint. I'm not saying the power isn't impressive, but it has been shifted down and it feels less impressive to my seat-of-the-pants dyno.

I was able to ride at trials-bike pace much easier than the stocker and it never hinted at stalling and built power from the bottom very fluidly and predictably. I will say it did tame the aggressive nature the stock pipe delivers, but I think the jetting or carb is holding it back. It didn't feel like it was carbureting well yesterday.

It really is a change from the OEM pipe and the stock settings aren't working for it. I wasn't in a position to try different jets, so I just rode it as-is. I'll try some leaner settings and see how it responds soon.

I will say that it starts much easier with this pipe. Most likely due to the sealing issues my OEM pipe had, but it even starts easier than the day I bought the bike. Once up to operating temp, it would start with the laziest of kicks.

I'll keep working on it and report back.
  10. nir Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300 2010
  11. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    My FMF "Gnarly" gave a significant power increase over stock most noticeably down low.
    Red is Torque with FMF ~ Blue = stock
    [IMG]
  12. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    When you say better low end, you must mean below 3500 rpm's? The stock appears better up to 8000.
    Eaglefreek likes this.
  13. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    I know, the graph doesn't really illustrate it but trust me when you ride it the most noticeable difference is the low end before it comes on the pipe.
    I did switch from the red needle(which was in the dyno) to the white. My point is that if someone was interested in this particular exhaust, the increase
    is most felt in the lower end of the powerband even though the graph doesn't really seem like it.
    wait4me likes this.