FBF to attempt to try another fine brand?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Joe Chod, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Fast by Ferracci is talking to TM Italy to be the next US importer. Stay tuned for an official press release
  2. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I see it as a positive for TM owners if FBF/Cagiva USA take over the distribution of TM bikes in the US.
  3. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

in my opinion if the TM brand was handled by our former husqvarna importers that would be a definate plus for the brand and the US customers.its hard to find a perfect distributor of motorcycles but who could do better than the former cagiva usa?dan
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Cagiva USA did a great job, it was the factory that was intermittent.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I always thought FBF did a good job... No?

K
  6. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have always thought that Cagiva and GasGas would make a good fit. If they were selling Gassers I bet you would see a lot more of them on the trails. Cagiva has an excellent parts distribution system already in place.

As mentioned, it was the factory that was the problem in the past.
  7. hahmule Husqvarna
    A Class

FBF?

It's hard to measure the effectiveness of FBF as an importer in the past since there was such poor management at cagiva/husqvarna for them to work with. Thank god, "Claudio" is no longer associated with Husky. Who could say if their performance would have been like if they had been better management at Cagiva/husky?

With respect to TM, a look at their website reveals they have a line up that is still heavily populated by 2 strokes, technology that's on borrowed time. In the Cali, one's ability to ride is firmly tied to the license plate on the back of the bike and that's a continuing trend. Look what happened in Arizona. For me, no plate, no sale.
  8. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't know about cali but in the NW smokers sell really well. Go to any KTM dealer and it is obvious that they move out the door much easier then the thumpers. The only time a thumper shows of for a ride is when someone brings a newb. Maybe that will change in the future but I think TM can ramp up the 4t line in time.

I would be interested in a TM 144 if the company can get it's act together for the U.S. market. At least it comes with a big clear tank. I need to know the dealers and parts supply are going to be solid first though.
  9. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Was nmot trashing FBF.....just the practices by some there....it is true that a few bad apples.........
    Cagiva NA had some great folks and glad to see some stayed with the BMW merge. Those are some good folks.

Joe
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Huh? A lot of rides i am at is half 4 stroke KTMs. Go out to Eddieville and 3/4 the field is 4 stroke KTM's.
  11. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Different areas might have different bikes. I have only ridden with one thumper since spring when a couple beginners came along. I see them, especially the KTM 4 strokes, in the staging areas but never encounter them in the tight stuff very often. Of the dozen or so people I normally ride with all are on 2 strokes.
  12. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

Personally, I think Ferracci would be a nice fit for TM.

I wish both well and I hope it comes true.

Me... I'll be on a Husky!

BlipBlip :)
  13. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

If the prices of the 2010 TMs are inline with the competition, I bet you see a lot of former Cagiva era Husky dealers have some TMs in their showrooms real soon.
  14. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am excited about it actually. Someday I will own a TM 250 two stroke enduro. At least this way I get to see some at the races a little more. Like Scotty says, if they can get there prices in line, look out. Just don't think that will happen yet in this market.
  15. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

I guess i live on another planet.

FBF was AWESOME!

If a Husky broke the importer would take care of it. Even got on the internet and explained things. Incredible customer care.

Parts were easily avaliable. Bikes where constantly innovated. It was FBF who got the TE's 50 state legal. Revolutionary. FBF did lots of aftermarket and tuning for both dirt and tard. Incredible support.

Fast by Ferracci was old school, passionate, family run and bottom line loved motorcycles. Frankly i would trade the financial security of large corporate ownership for the mom and pop passion any day.

Lets also remember that the current momentum of Husky in the USA has little to do with BMW. The mags might say things like 'with BMW backing Husky has a bright future' but i dont buy it. At all.

For now we are coasting on the shove FBF gave the brand with its 50 state street legal status.

I wont go into the various shortcomings of BMW leadership over the last 2 years.

Thank you Mssrs. Ferracci for a job well done. :thumbsup:
  16. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

All i can tell you is when i purchased my first Husky in fact 3 of them 2 510s and 1 cr 125 back 2006 There were only 2 people who wanted to help they were
    Rob Keith and Eraldo Ferricci I am sure there were other out there but i could not find them .Both guys gave me there personaly cell # and said call me anythime if you have a question .As for bike set up out here on the west coast i could not find any one to help
    so all my info came from FBF and FBF also did my suspention .The help those 2 guys gave me was great and i will always remember the was i was treated as a new Husky owner .Kind of reminded me of my early days with ATK small company but you got personal atention If FBF gets a TM deal i can only see that as a good thing for TM but maybe a BAD thing for Husky
  17. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't think it's going to effect Husqvarna at all... But if I was GasGas I'd be concerned.

Personally... if I was FBF I'd focus everything on Buell, MVAgusta and Ducati.... that's where the money is.

BlipBlip ;)
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    OK :excuseme:

Last ride at Gifford was about 3/4 4 strokes out of about 15 riders, heck i was on a 390 Berg 4st...

[IMG]
  19. NumberCruncher Husqvarna
    AA Class

Over the past ten years I have seen four strokes go from being the odd bike out to at least 75% of the bikes on the trails. I haven't smelled two stroke exhaust in a long time. I guess we don't ride the same trails.

NC
  20. NumberCruncher Husqvarna
    AA Class

Rob Keith has definitely supported Husky over the years. Is he still with Husky now that BMW has ownership?

NC