1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Finally, no more bog

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jsleeper, Dec 24, 2009.

1. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Your still the man Walt and as long as you know whats going on and are willing to share with us non-pioneer types I'm happy. Thanks for your continued re-engineering. Just considered yourself warned you will get a PM from me asking what parts, how to install them, for my 08 Cr125 soon to be 144 with the Walt Engineering spring and things kit.
  2. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

My Wife road her WR125 this weekend after I adjusted the linkage screw all the way up...and got rid of the bog.

She came back after the first ride upset. She said the bike was taking off on her (when she hit the throttle it would respond fast), she could not ride it slow, it was more powerful, sounded deeper, and she wanted it back the way it was!!!

LOL I just cannot win. I am going to try adjusting the screw back to 1/2 and see how that works out.

Otherwise, she will have to live with a good running bike.

JS
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

JS,

One thing I noticed about the governor reaction to the linkage adjustment is that the governor doesn't like to shut the pv quickly or completely until the revs really drop off. By constraining how far the pv's open you get more exhaust pressure against the valves resisting the initial closing. This gives you power valves that are staying open during quick throttle changes and give you instant response when going back to the throttle. This is a good thing except when your wife just wants it to go back to lug mode. I still think that there is a point where you can have everything you want. I am guessing a combination of differing springs and linkage adjustments will give you the nice early opening(no bog) with a long progressive opening and still open the valves completely on top. :excuseme:

Walt
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I had planned on spending the afternoon working on this but have a conflict so I won't get to it until tomorrow.

Walt
  5. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think you are exactly right. I cannot wait for the springs to be available. When will they be available? In the meantime, I will dial it back to the 1/2 mark and see what happens.

JS
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

JS,

I will be shipping them tomorrow late. Will be on the ups truck tomorrow day sometime and I just have to color code, stuff the bags with springs, instructions, and staple on the label/closure then off they go.

Walt
  7. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    My vote goes to Wally for Mad Scientist of the year w/ all the PV and spring research he's done.

I've added to his Rep and am very impressed with his efforts and results.
  8. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    I came back from that ride feeling like your wife, I was so exhausted halfway through that Jake felt sorry for me and let me ride his 300 (that thing was a life saver). The bike ran soooo much better, now I just need to eat my Wheaties so I can handle all of that bike, that or I'm going to have to drop down to an 80cc bike.

-Shane

9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Jake and i both have KX100's, to big? :D That was an ass kicker of a ride. I was hating it the first 6 miles but after that got into it and by 15 miles was feeling good for the rest of the beating. Your bike did run very good. We will be spring testing soon... thanks again Walt!!!
  10. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I am just here loafing waiting for paint to dry. :snore: The springs will ship tomorrow morning.

Walt
  11. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I too have joined the ranks of no more bog, thank goodness! I finally threw everything at it at once, new ring, EFM auto clutch and jsleepers PV adjustment. I believe all three helped. I am down to a 45 pilot, and I believe I can go smaller yet. It seems to pull pretty strong from idle for a 125. Friday I will order Wally's spring kit and things should get even better.
    GP
  12. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nice! :cheers: How many hours do you have on your bike? And how much was the ring?

JS
  13. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I bought the bike used with supposedly less than 10 hours, and by looking at the bike I believe it. However, for what ever reason, I had only 120 lbs compression, so I put in a ring, bringing it up to 150, and I am hoping after I get a little time on it , it will come up to 175. Crazy thing is, I did the top end without even removing the tank!
    I got the ring from Hall's (30.00, base gasket 6.00). I removed the head also and replaced the o-ring, just to cover all the bases.
    I am getting Wallys spring kit also as it still has a pretty noticable hit at high rpm, and I think I can spread that a little with the wide range of springs he has come up with.
    GP