1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc first ride report Kearney wr300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Pinittowinit, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    This is kind of surprising to me, i don't have any issue with the clutch pull, is it possible the springs, plates or basket have been changed? Power wise, something is bad wrong if the bike doesn't jerk your arms out of the sockets. Jetting will make a huge difference. Tires, I like the old school combo of BRIDGESTONE M59 M404.

I'm really curious what your compression check shows with the stock head mine was 135lb with the race head it went to 165lb. I understand stock YZ250's are around 180lb and still able to run pump gas
  2. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Anyone got a magura juice clutch on their 300. I'm looking for pics and feedback.
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    There was a post from '09 that had a picture of an extension arm that someone made. I can't find the post. Coffee, can you help find it?
  4. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I dont think the 300 has a real heavy clutch as long as the cable is well lubed. Here's the mod Kreig is talking about:
    http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=567467

And if yours is down on power then there's something wrong cause these motors are no slouches, even bone stock. If I were you I would return the motor to stone stock and then change things as you see fit. Buying a worked over motor and trying to dial it in with a new carb cant be too easy.
  5. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

I will take some pics later today and see if we can't figure this out. Wyatt also said my arm is extended by 7mm. The
  6. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    The extension mod was done by OFG. I think Motorhead ended up with his bike. I'd ask him about it to shed some light. I might have his address or go in the OFG site. His name is Dino And I think Deltoro?

You might have a bike where they removed some of their secrets and put some stock stuff back on. A friend of mine bought a pro bike. Come to find out they just took the stock parts and slapped them back in. The suspension was off, the carb, jetting, the pipe was different and tires. Some of these guys fear that you'll take it apart and give their valving/secrets away and etc..... You'll get it, one step at a time! Congratulations on the bike!
  7. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

here are the pics. is the cable routed correctly?is the arm the stock size?
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    i got her some new shoes today!! should have her dialed in this weekend. thanks im super excited, and i know it needs a little adjustment to suit me. afterall im not sure Glenn can keep up. haha
  8. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

oh yeah and i put a crankcase vent hose on too. lol
  9. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I can't tell from the pic on the length of the clutch arm, I am guessing it is stock. I do know that your clutch cable is not stock and routed different than stock. If I were you, I would get a motion pro cable for a wr 250 and try that. I know what you mean now by hard clutch pull! Take a look at a online parts manual to see the stock routing, Hall's website will have it.
  10. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

That definately isn't the stock routing. On my 2010 the cable drops down the r/h side of the front down tube, round the front of the motor, and comes in horizontal to the pedestal. S1051371.JPG S1051372.JPG
  11. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks windsurf for posting pics. I will reroute it this afternoon. If that doesn't make it easier I will look at extending the arm or a juice clutch. This clutch reminds me of my buddys 82 430xc. Lol
  12. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Also, little trick I do. Pop it out of the little black clamp up by the radiator and zip ty it loose up my your radiator so it's away from your fender.
    Makes a big difference!
  13. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Dont buy a Motion Pro cable. They're too short.
    I learned the hard way.
  14. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Has anyone told them it's too short so they can correct it?
  15. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Is there any chance the motor was detuned for Kearney? For example I have heard that Knight runs lower compression on his 300 because it makes it run cooler and it has more power then he needs anyway. I heard Watts thought his YZ250 had about 5HP too much everywhere in stock form. I don’t know if any of this is true or not but I would not be surprised if even a pro could not use all a 300 has in the woods.

I have only ridden on Husky 300. In stock form it felt much faster than any KTM I have been on.
  16. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

The motor is not stock. Port work by pro circuit, head work, gas gas 300 domed piston. Pwk 38as, and the cr ignition is soon to be on the way.
  17. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

For shits and grins I'm going to do a leak down and compression check on it.
  18. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

For shits and grins I'm going to do a leak down and compression check on it.
  19. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

well re routed the clutch cable. feels smoother and a bit lighter. :) thanks for the pics.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  20. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

well did the compression check several times on a warm engine. 155 psi seems low to me. maybe that is why i was a bit disappointed with the power. what is a stock wr300 putting out?