First shots of the new husky 650 (Hi rez)

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah, it doesn't offend me too...
    I hope they where able to make something out of that engine...guess we'll know soon enough :excuseme:
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    E-may, oo-tay :D
  3. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e

Damn straight!

My F800GS would spank the Strada off road. It may weigh 50lbs more, but it's got at least 2" more suspension travel, better clearance and probably 50% more horsepower.
  4. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

That is the SM version. TE version is coming.
  5. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I really like it. I am looking forward to having a TE650 in my garage this summer.
  6. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Not exactly my cup of tea. Glad I´ve got the 630.
  7. Degg Husqvarna
    A Class

BMW must have a boat load of Rotax engines lying around, good reliable engine but very heavy.
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think it looks really good.
  9. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Yes, looks good and would like one!
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Rumor is it is supposed to be offered at a very competitive price aimed at the large segment of DRZ650 type customers. In that regard it should do very well. Makes sense and people who want lighter DS can get a 511.
    oregonsage likes this.
  11. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    In my opinion...

The Strada does not compete with the DR650. It lacks adequate suspension, clearance and weighs 50lbs more. It does look tons better than a DR650, though. It's like Husqvarna made a naked V-Strom (without the V engine obviously).

A 511 is not a dual sport. It's a dirt bike. That is plateable. With very short maintenance intervals. Checking and replacing your piston isn't on the maintenance schedule of a dual sport. If maintenance intervals lengthen to 3000-preferably 6000 miles, THEN it will be a dual sport.
  12. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

:thumbsdown: I'll toss another thumbs down at the weight. It'll be over 400# in true riding condition, which is ridiculous IMO. I've driven snowmobiles that weighed much less than that. They should just put 2 more wheels on it and call it a quad.........
    The engineers know they don't have to use solid steel for the frame, right? There's such a thing as CrMo & it's not too expensive.
  13. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    I like it, bit heavy and needs some more aggressive tires but a cool adventure/ explore bike!
  14. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

The swing arm looks like something we had on 1980's dual sports :excuseme:
  15. Andrew188 Husqvarna
    AA Class

**The swing arm looks like something we had on 1980's dual sports :excuseme:**

I agree... +1
  16. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    That looks like a way better bike for Prince to have ridden in the movie Purple Rain while he was riding on gravel, grass, and doing little burnouts and cherrios while stalking Appolonia.....:popcorn:

I like cool bikes in general and its got the NUDA look to it- but I just don't know what I would realistically do with a bike like that- personally. I don't adventure ride-but if I did would that fit the bill?- and I don't think my version of "dualsport' is the "web'sters" definition either. Seems the 610/630 I'd find easier to find a purpose for than this. I saw the 449/511 "adventure" maybe fake pics and thought NO!?- but then thought... ok for Prince that would be an upgrade... then thought if the 449/511 "adventure was a 600-800cc- it might be worthy of a fairing like the Ktm adventure. BUT that's too much.. Husky should make a 640 adventure equivalent for adventure- is this an attempt? Coulda just updated the 630 platform more. Just seems styling is taking away from 'purpose' builds- other than reaching the purpose of selling to people who are impulsive- and buy cause "they just like it". "Just look at it!"

Sorry- narrowly dirt minded (and I know that's not the offroad version/ maybe it'll be more inspiring):thumbsup:

I still really really really like my 09TE450 for what I do and have no plans to change any time soon:cool:
  17. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I see this bike being sold in BMW dealers along with the other new Husky street bikes. That's the plan. Street bikes sold in BMW dealers, dirt bikes at Husky dealers. They're creating a new line of bikes for this. It should help build the Husky brand.

I don't know if the gap in the Husky line that the 610 held will ever be filled. If not, that's too bad because the 610 is a heck of a great bike. The 630 was a step in the wrong direction (heavier).
  18. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Sounds like ours will 21 in frt.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    You hear a price point yet Bill? From the rumors I hear it might be a very good bike for husky.

I like the bike. If I was in the market for an adventure bike this is what I would get. I don't want a twin cylinder bike. I'm not quite at the age where i want to go there but if i was 5 or so years older, looking to explore more and ride the gnar less i would be all over this. While we hard core types might not be into this i bet it ends up a very good machine for many looking for a cool bike to explore, take pix etc.
  20. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    ?? 6995.00 to $7495 guess