1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc First WR250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jmp2001, Jan 6, 2013.

1. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC

Sorry Dad won't happen again please don't take my Xbox away.[/quote]

I guess prudence would be a sarcastic comment folled by a :thumbsup:
    and yes you will have to give up your Xbox for the week and since you were really bad no kickstarters either
    hammer likes this.
  2. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

I guess prudence would be a sarcastic comment folled by a :thumbsup:
    and yes you will have to give up your Xbox for the week and since you were really bad no kickstarters either[/quote]

This guy I like. LOL
  3. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    if you can't laugh you lost over half of life
    don't take this life too seriously, no one gets out of here alive
  4. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    with 2-stokes there's a TON of sharp edges on a brand new, never run before engine.

i'll idle it for 3-4 mins @ 32:1 to knock off the big stuff. let it cool stone cold then repeat a few times. i like to do "heat cycles" on a new engine.
    this mates things, gently seasons them with heat 'n stress to a small degree. after that if it's a trail bike i'll go to 50:1 and cruise the first tank slowy leaning on it harder and harder as the day goes on, stopping 3-4 times to let it cool and not getting it hot so as to glaze it and NOT lugging it, while checking for leaks etc. keep it in the butter zone, load wise. dont lug it.

or- you can kick, BRANG! and flogg it. it'll live either way if it's jetted right.

a little warm up first on a cold day goes a long way.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good stuff. And yes, those first few minutes of warm up are very important. I cringe every time I see someone start there bike and pin it cold then jump on and rip down the road with it loading up. the fluip side is these newer bikes enjoy a level of tolerance and manufacturing not available back int he day. I have a friend who races a lot and is fast. He races Yamaha YZ250's and YZF450's. His last 2 YZ250 were started once at home, then trailered to a multi hour race, fired up and slogged through mud and crap at 100% race mode. Both run perfect to this day. Slow and steady break in is a good thing but I have seen over and over brand new bikes get flogged from RPM one and do fine as well. Modern manufacturing and motor design is amazing these days. The amount of reliable power they produce is stunning.
  6. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I agree with you one good heat cycle is the big deal
    truly amazing what happens in the first heat cycle
    I sponsored a rider back in the 70's and we broke them in in the yard and took them to the track and flogged them
    he almost always won, crashed and got a second a time or two, never had a problem with the equipment
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I'll go with this.

General comment (not directed at 2premo): smilies are a good to use once in a while to try to convey the intent of a post. Writing things on the internet is a *extremely* difficult way to communicate. :cheers:

Smilies: :thumbsup::)
    2premo and pvduke like this.
  8. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    and....DONT TAZE ME COFFEE-DOOD!...works sometimes too. :D
    Coffee likes this.
  9. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    my buddy hambone, kick, braap!, super cold morning, i waited a few to thaw out the jug and rad's. he stuck it on the second switchback. over the bar and over the side sort of, pretty funny. coated him in mud on the way by. we rode. he pushed back down the hill to the truck about 1/8 mile and sat for two 'n a half hours. figured that'd fix him.

he got into the lunches and ate all our stuff, drank all the beers too! :banghead:
  10. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    writng on the internet is first and most important is courtesy,if you have none it will be an uncomfortable experience as many will mock you
    with courtesy and a few silly smiles to indicate when you are being silly or just having a moment is like a flag to say just having fun
    coutesy above all is required as we don't all see things the same! :thumbsup:
  11. jmp2001 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Hey, this is all great stuff guys, thanks. Havent dealt with the fuel ratios since back in the 80s when I had a kx125. This should be fun. I wondered about that strange kickstand and even asked my dealer to tighten it up, but he said it was an automatic kickstand and that it was supposed to function that way. Any other feedback on how to run this bike for breakin is appreciated!
  12. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    32:1 - idle 3-5 mins. shut off. let cool to cold. repeat 3 times. while its cooling check the bike over, set the sag and clickers. then-

50:1 - WARM IT UP. ride easy for the first 10-15 mins. andstay off the pipe or WFO. just cruise it going up and down the gears. shut it off. let it cool to cold. WARM IT UP, clean it out. shut it off. instantly install new plug and verify jetting.

after that just warm it up and hammer.