flashing neutral. no pump noise

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by hotducati, Sep 5, 2010.

1. nocontrol Husqvarna
    B Class

Doh! Just read this thread, most likely the same issue I am having that I just posted about. Will check my fuses for cracks and replace them tomorrow.
  2. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

FWIW, it's not always the fuses. I had a loose coil wire, I checked everything related to the pump:doh:
  3. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    If you can and you've tried everything else, pulling the pump an applying an external 12 volt DC power source to make sure the pump itself turns is always an option.

:cheers:
  4. nocontrol Husqvarna
    B Class

Checked my fuses, and one was cracked, not blown. Replaced them all and everything is working fine. Glad I found this thread as it may not have been easy to spot the crack if I hadn't known to look for it. :thumbsup:

Thanks, turns out it was the fuse though.

I actually did that before I checked anything else. :lol: I just figured bad luck and the pump had gone out since these bikes seem to be notorious with fuel pump issues.
  5. craigs449 Husqvarna
    B Class

Was it the fuse closest to the rear fender? Just curious, because that is the one that went on mine and several others??????? Did you also ziptie the fuse holder to the subframe? Mine was quite loose with no other way to tighten it and I think it was rattling around on the track, causing the fuse to break......
  6. husqvarna te450 Husqvarna

i havent checked my fuses yet. but my husky has been out in the rain for 2 weeks and there is no fuel pump noise. i shall check the fuse,s later tonight the starter motor is cranking over but maybe not as fast as normal. it,s a te450ie 2008 with 5,000 miels.this is the first time its not started : ( i hope it is the fuse,s
  7. crancky1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have has same issues with neutral light, even after replacing pump with new CA uint (original czech unit, 150 hrs old ) , new terminals on Coil (old one loose and corrosion), new dash board (warranty item), all of which needed doing , still had stalling and flashing neutral problem,

put new fuses and i put a tank of fuel through her today single track, bush trails and road riding , not one stall, pop or bang. also the speedo, seems to be more stable, doesn't vary as much ie: sits on steady number , not bouncing around a few close numbers.

Thanks for the tip guys
  8. racermx66 Husqvarna
    A Class

My auto mechanics teacher in high school always start with the easiest solutions then work your way to the hardest. Sometimes the biggest problems are just a simple, basic fix.
  9. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    How humiliating, 12 mile tow back to camp today by a KTM. :rolleyes: Had a good get off and landed hard on the left side, I checked all the fuses and they looked good from the naked eye. To late to check tonight but will check in the morning. Took the fuel pump out on the trail and found the orange wire not attached, hooked it on to one of the screws on the stem thing that it appeared to be soldered to, is this part of the problem? I am just going to replace all the fuses as the bike has over 6,000 miles and this was the first time she ever left me out on the trail. I will post up after I check them to let you know. I would like to add that I am getting three blinks with a steady pause light and it is continuous 3 and 1 long, three and one long.

Searched for more clues on the Cafe, Ioneater posted that the wire is for the low fuel sensor and I will fix that another day. I love this place Dean, wish you could have made it down for the Tday fest in Spangler.
    Take care.
  10. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, it is the fuse closest to the rear fender. I just replaced all of them to insure a good life span of 4 years was enough for the old ones. Fuel pump came alive as soon as I replaced the 15 amp rear fuse.:cheers: I had to put the fuse under a microscope to see the crack. (probably because I am old.)
    These bikes and the people that ride them are amazing!
  11. Pullened Husqvarna
    C Class

Go to the auto parts store (AZ, Advance, Oreillys, NAPA, Carquest) and buy the fuses that light up when blown or broken.
    motocrossism likes this.
  12. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    They make those? That is trick. I am looking into that tomorrow.
  13. little squirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

yeaup i keep spares duct tapped under my seat

[IMG]
    RossmcG and J.R. like this.
  14. 01erionracing Husqvarna
    AA Class

Another victim of the cracked fuse. Great site.