Foresthill Goodness On Trail 6

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by WoodsChick, Nov 16, 2010.

1. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Nice pair or WR's you two have. :thumbsup: The fork caps are different, the bikes come with different Zoke's?
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    What a great sight. Those trails looks just fan bloody tastic. Good to Eric on a proper bike and not the orange break down bike
  3. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    :lol: Seems like there's a few riders that have stories to tell from Trail 6 :lol: Glad it turned out alright for you in the end. Now you know why I prefer lightweight 2-strokes for riding real trails :D

Thanks-it was a perfect day, for sure. And yeah, I was appreciating my motor all day :)

WoodsChick
  4. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    They both have 50mm Zokes, but mine are closed chamber with the pretty red caps, the 250 has open chamber forks.

:lol: Funny you should mention that; His funky plug cap was causing his bike to die all day and he wasn't happy about it. It wouldn't start unless it was in the exact proper position. Apparently this is a known issue as some have said, even though Kelly and Walt have never experienced it. Regardless of brand, not a good experience when riding your brand new bike. And yeah, the trail is pretty fun :)

WoodsChick
  5. Manic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310, 2016 TE501S, 2021 TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    16 Yam WR450F, 17 FZ10, 18 R1
    No fair, Foul, Foul! You didn't mention that I was on sucky knobbies, as was Eric, while you and Glen were on the superior cheater tires! I want a formal apology before I sue for slander!;) Seriously though, as usual, nice job Tami!

6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Back in "the day", it was all about the 125 CC woods bikes and then a little later, the 175 and 200. Probably the most popular sizes of trail bikes ever.:applause: But then somehow, people were convinced that big bikes with big motors were the way to go. Nice for open stuff, but too much work on legit singletrack.:excuseme:
  7. rpmguy Husqvarna
    B Class

Hey out there. I can work on power valves, but Wally will need to come up with the best hand cut. then I can copy and machine both sides exact. I havent cut on mine, so I dont know what is the killer angle. Cast is coming off in 2 weeks. Now I need to talk the wife into letting get back on. Later
  8. rpmguy Husqvarna
    B Class

Oh Awesome pics Woodschick
  9. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Not true, Dan! I mentioned I had trials tires and benefitted from your mistakes:lol: Besides...does it really matter? We all know it was due to my vastly superior machine, super-hero strength and unlimited trail talent/prowess, anyway :D

By the way, folks, meet my riding buddy Dan! You'll probably be hearing a lot more from him once he picks up his 2011 TE310 from MotoXotica. He's counting the days :)

Yep, too true. Funny how things are coming full circle, eh? Gobs of horsepower can be a ton of fun sometimes, but on stuff like this small and light is the way to go :thumbsup:

Alright! Glad to hear you're doing well. Judging by how my bike is working I think Walt got the cut right. I need to send the valves back to him...or should I just send them to you?

Tell your wife that now is not the time to quit. Tell her if you were going to quit you should have done it before getting hurt, not afterwards. No sense in closing the barn door after the horses get out, is there?

WoodsChick
  10. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Send them to me so I can do a little better job matching them to each other perfectly. I currently have the original set in the 144 and had it mounted up briefly on the CR motor. It actually had too much too fast on the very bottom otherwise about the same. They are ground as far as possible and still have a sealing surface. The best compromise is the set you have that has a couple of mm lower bottom edge.

grindingvalvesdick :lol:
  11. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

ValveHoardingChick
    :D
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I promise to send "yours" back to you within 1 day of you sending them to me or you can wait a little and be the first to get them off the CNC machine. :D
  13. de629 Husqvarna
    B Class

Did Trail #6 a few years ago on a hot summer day. I didn't use my head and only filled my hydration system half way so I ran out of water and got dehydrated. Lots of good memories though.
    One of the guys I was riding with wheelied up this section and got stuck on a piece of timber. If the bike went the other way it would have gone off the cliff.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    :eek:
  15. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Valvehoardingchick,

Yes the set you have is the second set that I ground after experimenting with the first set. I ground the first set a mm at a time and rode to see where the upper limit was for rideability and max bottom end. The set you have is what I thought was the best compromise. It has much better bottom/mid than stock but not so much as to take away from the ability to tractor up anything without loosing traction. As I said the set I have right now is more of a MX racing cut as it creates a little too much snap off the very bottom.

Waitingformailedvalvesdick
  16. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

That's a nice catch on the log. :thumbsup: I imagine your friend had a minor racing stipe to deal with when he got home. :lol:

Cool shots de629
  17. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    Awesome photo's! Trail 6 is a monster! :notworthy:
  18. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Naah...I trust your grinding skills, I don't want to wait for the CNC'd ones.

I can overnight them tomorrow if you want! That means I get to ride the GG250 on our trip to Nevada :applause:

I really did lose your address, though...:o Can you PM it to me again?

WoodsChick
  19. flipsidenv Husqvarna
    C Class

Where are you riding in Nevada? Just curious if there are some good trails I haven't heard about for winter time riding. :thumbsup:
  20. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

:lol: I know where that is! I don't think I'd want to ride that trail in the heat of the summer, full hydration system or not :p

Yeah, that's the thing about that trail. It isn't really that difficult at all, it's just that if you do blow it, it's a long way down...and an even longer way up :D

WoodsChick