1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Fork seals leaking on my new wr300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by firecrotch, Jul 2, 2010.

1. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    They are really great forks to work on.

370cc will be fine, that will make them a touch plusher and bottom a bit easier. You may not even notice.

Later,
  2. buzuki Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX200,KX125,CR250,50cc quad,
    My first ride on my 09 they leaked, cleaned them, they were ok for maybe 5 rides. Next ride both spat it on the trailer (chock is always used) Cleaned again, next ride both spat it again. now they both leak and ICBF with them, but now the front end feels like crap so i am goin to do them, genuine here is $70+. Stuff that . . .
  3. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Mine leaked especially after a muddy ride or race. I used 35 MM film on them and installed Seal Savers and never touched them again other than cleaning the Seal Savers.
  4. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    What is the measurement from the top of the tube to the oil level when servicing the shock? I don't have anything to measure the fork oil before adding it. Is it 120mm?
  5. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    You can use a steel ruler or a steel tube and mark increments in mm's from the top of the tube down to measure.
    Between 100 to 120mm is a good range with the latter on the plusher side.
    Best to buy a fork oil level tool as it takes the guess work out of measuring the air gap.
    Gotlabs likes this.
  6. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Yeah, I use the "screwdriver with tape around it" method last time. I'm making a tool this time. Thanks.
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  7. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

mine(09 450 txc) is leaking on the brake side too. think this is from extra torque on that side from usin the brakes?
  8. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Also the grit from from brake material and the caliper flicks up, for better word, shit onto the stanchion's.
  9. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    After I cleaned the hardened assembly grease out of my 09 WR250 fork valving I used Bel-Ray 10w fork oil at 130mm, now they work really good. I bought a big syringe at a ranch supply place for $5 and zip tied a piece of fuel line to a welding rod and hooked it to the syringe, so for about $6 I made a poor boy version of the motion pro tool to set the oil level.
  10. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    My brake caliper side was leaking first also.
  11. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Thats a pretty plush ride lankydoug....you ride in root and rock infected country :D
    lankydoug likes this.
  12. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Logs, roots and rocks is 90% of it, if you've ever ridden in the Ozarks then you know 1st hand. I've tried to make my bike a kind of trials/enduro hybrid. Tubliss with MT43 in back Tubliss with Bridgstone M59 in front, 13:52 gearing, bark busters, a skid plate and pipe guard + lots of body armor for me because there is no soft place to get off.:eek: It's a whole new way of riding compared to the southern Colorado prairie I grew up riding in. (it sure is fun learning though)
  13. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    I have the 360 set with 110mm and 5wt for the same type riding as l do love the technical riding now but the drawback is l am now starting to hate the overly dated frame as l'm chasing agility rather than hp's :(

PAGING: Husqvarna/BMW please release an e-start, WR350 in a 125/250 chassis and DI:p