1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Froze my WR 250 pipe and blew it apart!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Steve Kanya, Dec 31, 2011.

1. jbankes Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR144
    I freeze my pipes alot just got to watch them , I usually put rubber soft plugs in them till the ends freeze then remove the stinger end. I smack around the edges of the bad dents with a rubber mallet after it freezes then let it thaw abit and re-freeze. I usually get about 85-95% of all the dents out, and there usually are many. I had some burst but usually catch it in time that it's just as easy to fix as fusing the seam.
  2. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Only used the freezer trick on a 4st header, and took 85 percent of it out, after 4 heat/thaw cycles no ends plugged...

Next time I freeze a pipe, I will try this trick I heard of a while ago. After filling the pipe with water, wrap a towell or cloth around the dented area before putting it in the freezer. This will act as insulation, and this point will be the last part to freeze, therefore speeding up the process...
    lankydoug likes this.
  3. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

I may take the pipe I'm in north jersey. 201-666-7190 leave a message, my cell phone is dead today, took a swim, or SteveKanya@Optonline.net