1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Fuel pump fail replacement?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by bendbiker, Jun 19, 2009.

1. seredyns Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    So what is the cost for this "new technology" fuel pump,so I can start saving for this?Anyone know?
  3. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    waking up the thread, this problem needs a solution
  4. auto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    too many
    I was faced with this fuel pump issue also.The replacement pump I used was for a 95 Jaguar X36 #951-0008 It is bigger and you have to trim the support bracket.Actually I feel a slightly larger pump will help service life. It's been in my customer's 08-510 for about 6 months with no issues.I can sell you one of these pumps if you need one.
  5. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

How Much, and any pics?
  6. auto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    too many
    I don't have any pics.Like I said,it is a larger pump.You do have to trim the bracket.I'll have to see what the current cost is.I know it's a lot less than $600.
  7. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Hey auto, if a fuel pump is rated for 42 GPH and a vehicle calls for 10 GPH, what does that mean? Will the pump deliver more than is needed? Will the pump blow something out? Will the vehicle's pressure regulator get blown up?

Is this the one?

1995-1997 Jaguar XJ6 Fuel Pump 6 Cyl. 4.0L
    OE spec Walbro electric fuel pump and installation kit fits directly into any 1995-1997 Jaguar XJ6 6 Cyl. 4.0L. Detailed fuel pump installation instructions included. Made in the USA.

Fuel Pump Specifications
    Walbro Part Number: GCA338
    Minimum Current: 12 Volts
    Operating Pressure: 43.5 PSI
    Minimum Flow @ Outlet: 42 GPH High Pressure
    Fuel Pump Location: In-Tank

[IMG]
  8. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Local dealer has given me the cold shoulder, no response to my emails asking for help, I am done with him.

I will need to confine my posts to one thread on how I am making out since 2 people have posted that I am "confusing" them by posting in more than one thread. Look under "4 stroke" under "fuel pump, need auto expert" thread to see how I fixed the bike.
  9. auto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    too many
    I'm not saying I'm a fuel pump expert.The pressure is about the same as OEM.Yes,it moves more fuel.Like I said,it been in a 08 510 for 6 months with no issues.I posted this information as help to fellow Husky riders.If you don't feel good about using this pump,then I would keep looking for other alternatives and share the information with us.
  10. J.R. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 Supermoto! and a BUNCH 'O parts
  11. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG

The Jaguar fuel pump that you put into the Husky 510, was it this one?

Walbro Part Number: GCA338

[IMG]
  12. auto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    too many
    Looks like the pump.I did not use a walbro pump from fuel pumps.com
  13. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    You used the Denso 9510008, I finally deciphered your reference to that part number from your original post. I've posted the following list to another thread as being fuel pumps that I, myself, would buy and install in my bike, based on your experience and my seeing the pictures of the pumps at the car parts stores, its the same pump.

Thanks for your help, auto.

1995 Jaguar XJ6
    target price $134 - some are $170-$207
    Walbro GCA338
    AC Delco EP490
    AirTex E8285M
    Delphi 25337934
    Delphi FE0200 - NAPA can order this one for $134 (Austin TX)
    Federal Mogul/Carter P72252
    Denso 9510008
    GM 25313959
    Hella H75014421
    Jaguar JLM12159
    Jaguar JLM12204
  14. JimO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TE 450, '08 TE 510, '10 TXC 450
    Good job OlderHuskyRider.

I myself and many more riders are coming forward with their own fuel pump failures. And im not talking just Husky riders. It's been over a year now that I had my own pump problems (below this thread is my story) so i've kept my head up in this subject and I think its great that alternatives are being sought.

I've heard of Honda, Kawi and Suzuki fuel pump failures and all are attributed to "crap" being sucked into them and wearing out the insides with debris. This crap is nothing we can see in gas and it's smaller than filters can filter, it's just going to happen. They will have to build pumps that can handle this debris. What I don't understand is, you can drive a fuel injected car for a lifetime without a pump failure, and we're getting maybe a year out of these??:excuseme:

C-ya Jim.
  15. K7MDL Husqvarna
    A Class

I think cars use a return line and that permits higher flow rates through the pump and larger beefier parts. High flow might permit better cooling, more lubrication, and be less critical for tolerances? They may also run more constant, less on/off to meet flow (throttle) demands since the bypass could keep fluids flowing. Seems like a (small) pump pushing into a dead end pipe intermittantly is a tougher job. Just my guess.
  16. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    And if you add in the environment an off road pump sees, all kinds of shock in all directions, constantly, that surely weighs into the life I would think. I do not "think" these pumps are spec'd for the off road application necessarily, I bet they are purely spec'd out for their size, power specs, flow and rate req's and there is no "G" loading limitations etc.