1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Fuel pump, need auto experts here please

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by OlderHuskyRider, Dec 2, 2010.

1. MorrisBetter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GS
  2. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    From what I've read, the fuel pump is on 100% of the time once the engine has been started.

There are 2 relay clicks when the key is turned on: the first click is the relay telling the fuel pump to prime up, the second click is to turn off the primed fuel pump and prepare for starting.
  3. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  4. MorrisBetter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GS
  5. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

On the jeeps up to 1996 the pump puts full pressure out all the way to the motor .On the injector rail there is a regulator which works off
    vacuum and a return line all the way back to the gas tank.On the 1997 up jeeps the fuel pump and the regulator are all in one the pump regulator sits on top of the tank and is regulator by the engine brain The system has only one fuel line up to the motor with no return line
    when it comes to jeeps we did many a carb to fi system we even had aftermarket tanks made to work in old jeeps with the new system We had to have the calif CARB inspect and aprove the tanks
    JP magazine did a storie about ajax auto jeep conversions a few years back
  6. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    Its a forum so we talk about problems Sure it highlites a failure of 1 pump on one bike that was bought and sold and bought again without many miles, but most of us are in this thread to find a solution. WHo knows maybe they primed the pump 20 times in a row wild being empty and overheated the pump- then it became an intermittent problem and they sold it to this poor guy/ I could ruin a pump on purpose- I am sure people make those mistakes all too often.

I didn't come on here and say: I bought a 2009 TE 450 in March of 2009 and put over 5000 miles of offroad/ dualsport- Without any problem whatsoever- and I am running the stock original pump. I don't have any running issues. If we all did that to the OP, it would be like saying: we don't care and being like NAna NAna Boo Boo mines fine so screw you... RIGHT now- I would not be upset if I had to buy a $600 pump- because the system has proven itself to me...and has performed. BUT I'd just as soon there be a simple $100 solution available if possible.
  7. maddog82 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450
    I'll throw in $100 for a group buy.
  8. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Getting closer and closer, pretty sure I'm gonna buy one from Cristian, for the time being, because it seems that his may be the 35mm model, and yes, it appears that the long set up time for my bike may have something to do with the "gumming up" of the pump. I found that multiple Aprilia models use the same 30mm pump and they are having all the same problems. Evidently, there is a 35mm pump that Yamaha may be using that is a sure fix, maybe on the 660 Tenere, gotta do more searching.....here's a pic of the pump that the Aprilia RXV/SXV 450 and 550 twins use, same as ours....guys are having the same failures...thanks for everyone's support.

DOES ANYONE WANT A PUMP FROM CRISTIAN?
    He said he would ship multiple pumps for the same shipping charge. PM if you want one. Sample install on the larger pump at the bottom of this post (the gold pump below is the stock 30mm from an Aprilia)

[IMG]

Cristian's larger pump means you have to ditch the mounting form. I believe this is the larger 35mm pump that Yamaha may be using, this is the pump I want, I do not want to spend money on a 30mm pump, which is the stock size for the TE models.
    [IMG]
  9. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
  10. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If some one want to send me there old broken pump i will try to match it up to a automotive type pump We have 2,600 FI cars and trucks in the yard so we just might find a auto pump that will work.Heck alot of cars today have a good system and we never get to sell one because they do not break so when we crush the car there goes the pump
  11. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    The stock pump is 30mm x 80mm. If you can pull the pump from any small car:Honda Civic, Geo Metro and take some measurements.
  12. MorrisBetter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GS
    Looking at an on-line MC parts house, it looks like the Suzuki FI pump is sold as an assembly only for ~$400.
  13. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
  14. MorrisBetter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GS
    Is this bolt/plug compatible with the Husqvarna part? Has anybody tried this part? If this part is P&P, this looks like the solution.
  15. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    Wow, nice find! That certainly looks familiar...
  16. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    I have a guy measuring the Aprilia plate, my Husky plate is 5" by 3", center of hole to center of hole. He has already measured the pump unit itself at 30mm by 80mm, I measured the Husky pump today, 30mm by 80mm. Both bikes are made in Italy, I say it's the same part.
  17. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    I may have solved my problem by CLEANING MY FUEL PUMP. Remember, my bike only had 22 miles on it when I bought it. It was manufactured in Sept 2009. It's had 22 miles put on it in 12-14 months!! I read on an Aprilia forum that bikes sitting up too long were more prone to fuel pump failure and then I remembered my many hours of removing varnish from carburetors over my lifetime. My fuel pump was varnished up!! I removed the pump assembly, cut the side out of a empty gallon oil jug, pit on its side, lined the jug with a 2 gallon zip lock bag, put the fuel pump assembly in the bag, poured a pint of injector cleaner in the bag with the pump, filled it up with about a gallon of gas. I had it all wired up to cycle it on and off by connecting to the battery. I did this for maybe 5-10 minutes and then put it all back together. The Bike ran longer and stronger than it has since I got it. It never died!! I even got it hot enough to make the fan run and the pump never quit working!! I am amazed and so happy. And to top it off, look what I found last night, for $149.....I will be buying one of these and carrying it as a spare. I am betting that this pump is 30mm diameter.

http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/shop/catalog/ducati/fuel.html

Fuel Pumps
    After failing to find a reasonable replacement for the costly OEM Ducati EFI fuel pump, we commissioned these pumps to be made for us! Exact replacement for all "holster type" fuel pumps on Ducatis with the fuel pump flange plate. Exact replacement for these Ducati models: MH900e (all years), S2R1000, S2R800, 999, 749, Multistrada MTS, Hypermotard HM, S4Rs. Also compatible with all "metal tank" Monsters and SSie models (the OEM pump has shorter length but is not a problem because the pump is clamped along the body). Standard pump designed for use at 3.5 bar (Ducati spec), while HP pump is 4.5 bar for use on racing engines with modified pressure valves. Dealer inquiries welcome.
    [IMG]
  18. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    Thanks for all the research you've done and I hope that the "cleaning" takes care of your problem.If when you buy one of these pumps keep us up to date on the size specs of the new pump.:thumbsup:
  19. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    :thumbsup: good Stuff!

I am glad the cleaner worked- hope it continues to work for you.

Seems we explored many options in the thread and you have found some new pumps to study and verify or try and error or succeed with but having an option beyond the OEM "unit" which unfortunately does not come separate as just a pump-

This has been a good thread- if you get that apprillia or ducati pump- swap it in some weekend and let us know, thanks! :cheers:
  20. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold