1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Fuel pump, need auto experts here please

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by OlderHuskyRider, Dec 2, 2010.

1. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/shop/catalog/ducati/fuel.html

Same URL, looks the same truncated, works now.....shrug

When I hover over the link in this post, the entire URL is displayed with no truncation.

When I hover over the URL in Coffee's post, it displays the truncated version, which is obviously not gonna work.
  2. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    appears in this Ducati forum that their stock pump has these specs (direct quote below)- they are dicussing the pump from a Ducati 999 which was referanced to fit the pump you found at CAcycleworks. Bit more flow but still the same pressure. Should be good- Nice if it "fits" like the stock one- can't go wrong there:thumbsup:

3. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    CA-Cycleworks is a member here.... they aren't very active (1 post)but they may be willing to add some info: http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/member.php?u=4150

Calling you out brother' can ya help!:D

point is, I bet if you call them they'll post some info and enjoy the added business that comes with it...
  4. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Thanks for finding that other info, I was gonna wait until I had confirmed that it's a 30mm pump body, and thus, able to fit into our holster/flange plate. Also, I was hoping that someone with a bonafide =bad pump would be willing to get one and hook it up before we pronounced success. I rode my bike today 60 miles, got 40mpg, and my bike NEVER DIED so I am hoping my cleaning job worked and I will doing a monthly clean with a 1/2 pint or less of injector cleaner, which means I won't be hooking up the gold Ducati pump anytime soon, but carrying it as a spare.

Thanks to everyone!
  5. Manic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310, 2016 TE501S, 2021 TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    16 Yam WR450F, 17 FZ10, 18 R1
  6. Manic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I will do some reserch and see if I can get you a more defined description of how the returnless system works on the newer model Hondas. My guess is that the Huskys use a similar system, but again, at this point I don't know enough about their system & don't want to supply the wrong info.

P.S.
    Pick up my 11 TE310 tomorrow night!!!
  7. seredyns Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great news! Glad to hear you got it going without spending $600. I'm thinking I need to add a fuel pump cleaning to my winter maintenance list .......
  8. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Whoo-hoo, good luck on the pickup, hope the bike is all good and ready for ya.

Manic, thanks for your help and knowledge on this problem. I think I've gotten off the Civic fuel pump as a possibility since we found the gold CaCycleworks Ducati pump, that I hope to have in my hands this week and verify whether or not its 30mm in diameter and would thus fit in our holster with no trimming, crossing my fingers....
  9. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    OHR, glad you're able to get the bike out of the garage and into its natural habitat! I appreciate all the info you've shared here from steps you've used to troubleshoot to parts sourcing. If the Ducati pump ends up being a go, you've saved future failed pump owners (and yourself) a lot of dough. Have fun!
  10. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Thanks for the props, man, I've got over 20 hours into this project now, with some solid results and more to come. Here is a post from a guy in the EFI/Carbs sub-forum. In the post, when you see "X36", that's supposed to be "XJ6". If his piece about it being in a Husky 510 for 6 months is true, then this would be a pump I would buy and install at the drop of a hat. We need a tester for this pump from CH here, won't be me, I am the tester for the gold Ducati pump, I ordered one for $150 and it will be here soon.

The 951-0008 part number he mentions is Denso. Below are all the other makers of this fuel pump. I've ridden and visited with 5 different auto stores here in Austin, none had it in stock, NAPA was the best price at $134 and could get it in 4 days. I looked at pics of this pump on their computer screens, it IS the one found below, and this pump IS configured correctly at the bottom, with a centering peg, with the uptake tube off-center, 2 electric leads up top with the out-flow tube. I could not take any measurements, but I am assuming its a 35mm diameter because the auto poster guy said the holster/carrier had to be trimmed.

1995 Jaguar XJ6
    target price $134 - some of these are $170-$207
    Walbro GCA338
    AC Delco EP490
    AirTex E8285M
    Delphi 25337934
    Delphi FE0200 - in Austin TX, NAPA can order this one for $134
    Federal Mogul/Carter P72252
    Denso 9510008
    GM 25313959
    Hella H75014421
    Jaguar JLM12159
    Jaguar JLM12204

This pump MAY be available at fuelpumps.com for $126.95
    http://www.fuelpumps.com/19951997-jaguar-xj6-fuel-pump-6-cyl-40l-p-2143.html

[IMG]
  11. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    I got my Ducati fuel pump in today, ordered it Monday, USPS, $5 shipping on a $149 pump, awesome.

BAD NEWS: it's a 38mm pump (our pump is 30mm), the carrier/holster on a stock Husky will need to be trimmed/removed for fitment, much like the Denso pump that member "auto" put on a 510 http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3573&page=2
    and Cristian's Romanian pump http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14131

GOOD NEWS: The bottom of this gold Duc pump is correct: centering peg in the middle, take-up hole offset,
    On top: 2 tab electrical and outflow tube.
    AND it was designed and manufactured for use on multiple models and sizes of FI MOTORCYCLES.!

BOTTOM LINE: I will not hesitate to use this pump with my TE 450. I will have to study the mounting aspect due to the pounding that my bike will be taking off-road, I don't want any slippage.

[IMG]
  12. Mr Sleazy Husqvarna
    A Class

Hey OHR -

Do you have any photos of how you mounted the Duc pump to the Husq plate?

Thanks!
  13. auto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    too many
    Well at least you have a pump for a lot less than $600.You'll find out you have to trim the entire support away.You can make some type of a support shaft or SS safty wire the pump across the top to the base.Like I said, I feel the larger pump means longer service life.All the parts are a bit beefer.Now BMW,Oh I mean Husky can stick that $600 price tag up their?
  14. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    I might not be installing the Duc pump right away, I've been sitting on the following little nugget for a couple of days now.....my dealer emailed me and said that Husky would warrant my fuel pump alone, which I am assuming that they are gonna ship him JUST the fuel pump and NOT the entire assembly. If I can get him to admit this, then we all have the ammunition to say to Husky, "Hey, if you have the 30mm pump that fits in our flange plate holster, MAKE IT AVAILABLE TO US.

I am waiting for a call to say that my part has come in and then I'll see how much info I can get out of them about what is gonna be replaced. I'll report back.
  15. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    That is awesome,now if they only give up a part number.All will be honkey dorey in the land of OZ,or Huskey.:lol:
  16. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    I have researched alot of other OEM pump assemblies and almost all of them, have the pump alone as a part number so that you can just buy the pump. most are around 100-150 bucks. Seems Husky could ease an issue and make FI dirt bikes more acceptable to the fuel pump haters out there if they would address this and make just the pump available. Could be a great marketing move.........:thumbsup:
  17. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    I bet the send the whole assembly- IF they send anything at all. Nice that your dealer followed through.
  18. Manic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks OHD for all your hard work & reserch! Sounds like, as others have said, we're making progress!
  19. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    I went and downloaded the Sherco parts list for their 250/300 EFI enduro bikes from their website. Then I looked at Gas Gas EFI bikes and part lists. Interesting!

Sherco list 2 things for the fuel pump in their EFI bikes

[IMG]

Now one is just a pump and the other is a mount Assembly according to the fiche, so it appears you can buy just the pump or part number 0402. So I call and that part is 450.00!

When I go to Go Fasters (Gas Gas Importer and parts place) look at the Gas gas Enduro EFI bikes fiche, they list their fuel pump as Model: MFS400180100 for $552.81, so like Husky, you gotta buy the whole unit.

My point is, this is not just limited to Huskies apparently..........I think the work that OHR has done to amass his list is the closest options to "affordable" alternatives we will find as other bikes OEM stuff appears to be bundled as well.

I am not saying these fuel pumps from Gas Gas or Sherco would necessarily work, just wanted to see how they list/carry theirs since they are similar application (dirtbike).
  20. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    If my pump died tomorrow I'd get the ducati pump- then assess mounting- if its a simple trim of the plastic- so be it. Otherwise I'd fabricate an aluminum carrier.

gotta say- if company did offer the pump separate from the assembly-I would have expected gasgas to...