1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Fuel pump, need auto experts here please

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by OlderHuskyRider, Dec 2, 2010.

1. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Here's a teaser to an all new thread I will start as soon as I get some miles on this thing....

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    Hey, while you are that far in, change that red plastic fitting out to a brass one! One less thing to worry about.

Good Job! Looking forward to your results.
  3. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    If I do brass, do I have to change out the fuel line? Do I have to go to a manual clamp or can I keep the quick disconnect type?
  4. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
  5. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    What happen to the fuel filter. Your not using a post fuel pump fuel filter.
  6. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Right, the stock plastic one looked like hell (swollen looking) and it had 2 different size nipples, would have been a nightmare trying to use it, and I couldnt find a 5/16 nippled all steel filter. The pre-filter bag on the Ducati pump is MUCH better than the stock prefilter and I'll be OK until I find a 5/16 all steel filter, I'll be pulling the assembly after a long ride to see how its doing.
  7. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just got my ducati pump, and was kinda surprised that it didn't come with electrical pigtail. It looks kinda like you just used a spade connector?
  8. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Yeah, I had an assortment pack of elec connectors and just crimped on a couple of spades. I also used a tiny bit of close-fitting shrink wrap on one of the connectors that didn't have a plastic sheath.

Be sure and rotate the bottom of the pump so that the pick-up opening kinda sits down in the trough between the two 5mm mounting holes. That gives the screen some room to hang down just a bit. I also tucked the screen under the lower zip-tie to make it easier to install the assembly without the end of the screen hangin' out and causing a leak.

I used the really expensive hose, which I don't think was completely necessary, I think some regular fuel line works but it gets hard and it MIGHT slough off in the tank, thus, the $30 a foot stuff is just peace of mind.

Here's an updated pic with a car filter, all metal, which I have put over 100 miles on and all is good. Note the oddly placed, kinda diagonal zip-tie on the pump, it's to keep the thing down and not migrating upwards, which it hasn't now, over 300 miles with some off road stuff.

[IMG]
    xymotic and Coffee like this.
  9. ThunderPaw Husqvarna
    B Class

I will also change to metal filter the next time i am in there. My filter was actually 'ballooning' under pressure and causing the bike to cut out under throttle. For now i just replaced with a more rigid plastic filter.
  10. Crogromphulous Husqvarna
    C Class

[ .

[IMG][/quote]
    OHR, I appreciate what you have done. I am trying to put an IMS tank onto my 2011 TE630. The return-line-free injection is complicating my efforts to fit an external pump. I want the cheaper pump also. Participating in chat is useful, but I am now asking people if they would talk on the phone. Shoot me your phone number and a good time to call if you would. -Crogromphulous is my sitename. (Oh, for people looking in on this message the IMS tank will fit the 630 frame. Just a little shaping with the heat gun. If I succeed, I will pay my dues with posts of my own.)
  11. bearorso Husqvarna
    AA Class

12. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    WOW, its not on here and you have found the holy grail, this looks like a 30mm replacement for the Husky fuel pump, I'm glad I kept my holster stock, when my 38mm Ducati pump gives out, I will get this one! Thanks Bearorso, we've been looking for this ....I reviewed the pics of my old fuel pump, the part number IS 1100-00072.

"Replacement pump for all fuel injected Husqvarna 4 strokes 250, 310, 450, 510, 610 from 2008-up. ExactFit replacement for the OE fuel pump showing part number 1100-00072. This replaces the break-prone stock fuel pump that is not available for purchase separately from Husqvarna. "

[IMG]
  13. joshchen Husqvarna

My 2008 husky 510SMR with 5000KM have the FP issue,too. Now i am trying to get an OEM FP, the ca-cycleworks FP seems perfect to fit and the price is acceptable. Does anyone have good experience with ca-cycleworks FP?
  14. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    I bought their 38mm Ducati aftermarket fuel pump, they charged $5 shipping, I had it in 3-4 days, very happy with their mode of operation, I would order more product from them.
  15. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

+1 no complaints at all.
  16. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    [IMG]Thanks bearorso I think you have answered the $10,000.00 question of where is the replacement fuel pump for these new generation 4 strokes,at a reasonable cost. The Cafe Huskey web-site is the s**t for answers and information.[IMG]
  17. huski450 Husqvarna
    C Class

Does anyone have any info or links on where to get the metal replacement filters? And do other filters have to have the same flow rate as the oem filter?
    (sorry for the noob questions)
  18. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    I am using an all-metal filter I got at AutoZone, it had the same size nipples as my fuel pump and the exit nipple on the flange (see pic above). The filter was like 3-4 dollars and since the pressure regulator is after the filter, I dont think there is any importance to the flow rate of the filter, my setup is working 100% A-OK, from 800 feet to 10,000 feet elevation.
  19. huski450 Husqvarna
    C Class

Autozone? I'm in Australia [IMG] Thanks any way
  20. huski450 Husqvarna
    C Class

I had trouble with the fuel pump in my 2009 TE 450 on the weekend after going through a water crossing. I have ordered a 'Ca Cycleworks Fuel Pump for Fuel Injected Husqvarna 4 Strokes' for my bike. Hopefully the relay and other electricals are ok. Is there any way to check if the relay is ok?