1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Fuel pump, need auto experts here please

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by OlderHuskyRider, Dec 2, 2010.

1. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

if you unplug the pump, you should be able to just attach a meter. When you turn on the key the voltage should run for a second or two. On my 610 it was four wires, two for the pump and two for the reserve. I dunno the colors though but if you play around with it you should be able to see 'something' jump with the key.
  2. Thirsty2454 Husqvarna
    AA Class

How much did they charge for freight to oz? I think I might get one for a spare.[IMG]
  3. huski450 Husqvarna
    C Class

Normal shipping costs for the pump to be sent to OZ is about $36.00 US. I'm supposed to be riding in the Kenda rally on Sunday so I paid $105 for UPS express shipping. It's a little steep i know but there's not much else I could do.
    There is an Australian distributor that sells the same pumps but he doesn't have any in stock.
    The details for the Australian distributor are:
    Brad Black
    Brad The Bike Boy
    2B King Street
    Oakleigh VIC 3166
    P: 03 9563 2004
    www.bikeboy.org
  4. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
  5. Thirsty2454 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thankyou gentlemen.
  6. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
  7. huski450 Husqvarna
    C Class

8. huski450 Husqvarna
    C Class

I got a fuel pump for my TE 450 today! It's a Husky OEM filter and it's done about 800ks. The previous owner had it replaced under warranty due to a broken wire connecting the low fuel sensor. It was in a 2010 SM 510. The wire/sensor has been replaced and the pump is working as it should.
    I fitted it to my tank a few hours ago. The bike started straight away and the pump isn't making weird noises like the one that I replaced was. I took it for a 15 minute flogging and everything seems ok. I think it was just a dodgy pump. My auto elec friend said that if it's going ok there isn't much he can do as it is recieving power and the relay must be working etc etc.
    I'm taking it for a ride tomorrow morning for a couple of hours just to make sure it's ok because I want to be sure it's all good before I ride it in the rally that I have entered in on Sunday. If it plays up I'll bring it to the auto elec then.
    When i recieve the CA Cycleworks fuel pump I ordered i'll keep that as a spare.
  9. scoop Husqvarna
    C Class

Any of you guys know how many '08 -'09 Huskys have had a fuel pump failure? Has it happened to 5% of the bikes or 95%? I ask because I am thinking about replacing the pump in my '08 TE250 with the CA Cylcle works pump BEFORE it strands me somewhere deep in the woods. Do you think this would be a pointless exercise in fixing something that isn't broken, or is a failure of my pump inevitable?

Also, how have the CA Cycle Works pumps been holding up? Anyone heard one of those failing?

Thanks
  10. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I've got the 08 TE 250 and pump is working fine. I don't think I'll get a new pump until it fails.

There are mostly anecdotes about failures and it's hard to tell how many relate to running low/out of fuel and burning it up and how many are other.
  11. scoop Husqvarna
    C Class

Thanks for the reply glangston. My TE250's fuel pump has worked fine for 3 years now, but my bike is fairly low miles/hours. I have wondered if some of the failures were related to frequent operation with a low fuel level in the tank. I have heard that, in some cars at least, that the fuel pump is cooled by being immersed in fuel and driving with less than 1/4 tank of gas is hard on the pump. Don't know if this is true for our bikes though.