1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Full Power Jet Kit

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Rusty 2, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Petzi Husqvarna
    C Class

I´ve found an alternative Jetting in the January MotoVerte!
    They use the WR250 Needle. Does anybody know how that works?
    Perhaps I can post the Jetting Specs tomorrow.
    Left the mag in the office.

What about your km/miles till you have to switch to reserve?:confused:
  2. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I have my 300 jetted as follows:
    35pj
    stock needle #2 clip
    450 main

I've done 63 miles out in the desert (3700-5000ft and lots of wide open throttle riding) and I still had fuel in the tank when I got back. I think the bike with stock needle and slide is good for 75 miles or so in open conditions.

Of course, your mileage may vary, but that's how my bike did on the last desert trip.
  3. Petzi Husqvarna
    C Class

Another Jetting suggest...

...from MotoVerte Magazine for the WR300 !

Main 420
    Pilot 40
    Clip 2. from top
    AirScrew 1,5
    Needle 6BFY4374 (Stock WR250 Needle!)
  4. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

I'd be pig rich on the bottom and screamin' pingin' lean on top with that set up.
  5. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    I'm 410 on the main, 32.5 on the pilot, 2nd slot on the full power needle, 1.5 turns out on the air, and that's riding at elevations from 7500' and up.
  6. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Is that full power needle leaner overall than the stock one?

Find anything out about that stuff in your gear oil yet?
  7. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    You know what. To my untrained eye, I don't think the needle is all that dramatically different than stock. I think it's just a different taper. I strained my eyes staring at the damn thing and just put it in thinking anything was better than the stock, sea level jetting. Maybe in the off season, I'll take a closer look.

As far as the transmission, well, it's at the dealer now. Their plan is to split the case. I brought my little vial of metal chunks and they were able to see one or more pieces still in there that were large enough so as to not pass through the drain plug hole :doh:

The WR has a 30 day warranty, so I bought a basic, third party extended warranty at the time of sale to cover this exact scenario. It might just be one of those times where it was a good financial move as they were looking at $400 to dig into it in order to see what has failed. Frankly, since the bike was purchased mid-July and has just a few tenths under 10 hours, they should approach Husqvarna about the matter. I'll update my thread on that topic as I know more.
  8. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

Sounds like the JD kit is the way to go, I just got one for my 07 WR 250, so i'll let you know.
    Right now i'm running a 400 main, 30 pilot and the richer needle that came with the bike, runs good but now it's getting colder so i would have gone back to the 35 pilot.
    The JD kit came with some more mains a 32.5 pilot, replacement needle jet and the red and blue needles.
    I'll keep you informed how it runs
  9. Petzi Husqvarna
    C Class

JD Kit is in the house!

Recieved my JD Kit for the 300 today and are going to install it till weekend.
    Hope it improves the fuel consumption and especially the starting procedure.

Report follows after Sunday riding! :thumbsup:
  10. glu33y Husqvarna
    AA Class

Aussie jetting,our needles are already 'gay'

Hey all,

Just a comparo on the jetting we run here. My elevation ranges from 500-2500 ft. Bike is an 09 WR300 with the following jetting,

Pilot : 40
    Main : 420
    Needle : (6?) GAY-69-74
    Slide #4
    Air screw 1-3/4 turns

Seems to rip, that said the bike just blew up at around 30hours. (Total seizure on 4 points).

Now being rebuilt with a GAS GAS 300 dome top piston which i'm told is husky team spec to correct husky's horrible squish band.

Once the bike is up and running again (new coating being done) i'll report back with any improvement.

Cheers,
    Kieran
  11. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Good God,....was it the air leak at the carb/reed cage intake boot that Kermode alerted us to?

I'm startin' to freak out here! :eek:
  12. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Don't freak. A 420 main is crazy lean on the 300. Sounds to me like most of these self-destructions are just that... "self inflicted" self destructions. 420main? :rolleyes: Why not just throw a cup of sand into the plug hole just to make sure...
  13. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Ah, the voice of reason comes through once again,.....:D

Thanks man! :thumbsup:
  14. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

What jetting do you think will be good for my new WR 300? I live in Sweden, sea level and we have between 0 degrees Celsius and +10 degrees. I ride mostly gravel and some woods where there can be some WOT running uphill.
  15. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

hey pc (and others) i have stock jetting, but 2nd clip on the needle right now. Today was 60 degrees or so, same old 2500-4000' elevation in our local desert trails. I was getting some spooge and rich kinda kack-kack- kack- feel sometimes (dunno how to describe it, but my kx made the same noise with excessively rich jetting. If i go out to 2 turns on the AS, the bike almost starts to feel like it's getting a hint of lean run-on, so i'm not sure i want to drop to a 30 or 32.5 pilot just yet, but I had spooge running down the silencer after less than an hour. I did a plug chop after a 8-9 second WOT run, on a nearly flat (very slight uphill) paved section, and the plug is pretty much black but not oily. It only reached 70 mph, and felt a little flat there compared to my kx at wot, but then the kx doesn't go 70 with the stock gearing, and it may just be a characteristic of a 300 offroad engine vs a 250 mx engine.

Anyway, i was thinking of picking up a 32.5 pilot to experiment with, and also a 440 and 450 main, and starting with the main. It seems like it's pretty close on the pilot and needle. It runs clean right off idle, and it needs choke to start when cold (at least it did at 40 degrees, not sure about at 60 degrees), but everything seems to point to rich main jet to me (black plug chop, spooge, kack-kack-noise, slightly flat feeling top end power).

Thoughts?

It seems to me from arithmetic, that going from a 460 to a 450 main on this carb should be about like going from a 170 to a 168 on a keihin, which is honestly not very much. Usually seems to take 2 steps to (or needle change) to fix the kack-kack-kack and flat top end, but i'd rather be conservative to start with since 60's is about the max temp for the next couple months.
  16. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I was running a 450 last time at China Hat, which has similar temps and elevation as the ID desert and it screamed good. It pulled clean and did not bog or choke on fuel. It may have ran even better with a 440, but it was close enough I didn't feel like messing with the carb.

I was at China Hat last weekend too, but with the PWK installed and it ran ridiculously good even jetted rich. I never had any huge complaints about the Mikuni. It mixed gas and air like its supposed to, but it just never felt perfect and I was always chasing something. I think those problems are a thing of the past now with the PWK on there. It really does make a difference.

With the PWK and Pro Circuit exhaust it feels like an all new bike. I am loving it.
  17. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

went a 32.5 pilot, 450 main, stayed with stock needle on 2nd clip. bike runs really well at 3000-3500' and 50 degrees. Plug chop looked much better (more dark brown instead of black), spooge after 17 miles was very slight instead of running down the silencer. Bike started easy with the choke when cold, and started easier than before when hot. much happiness. gonna race with this setup. it still only topped out at 70mph, but it sounded better, maybe that's just where the rpm's flatten out. not like i care since i'm way to scared to actually ride that fast off road, lol.