GG, Fantic, Ossa, now Beta, Husky needs to step up the 2st program NOW

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

125s teach you about 'momentum', but these little buzzbombs take that to a whole new level:notworthy:
    When you're used to hearing only bigger cc bikes, it sorta sounds a bit disconnected listening to them as they make a lot of racket for the speed they're going; almost like someone overdubbed the sound.:)
    I bet they're a hoot to ride.:thumbsup:
  2. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

I believe the OSSA's have ~10.5l fuel capacity(I think I saw it on their specs somewhere), which is reasonable for most usage.
  3. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Fuel injection should = MPG
  4. Torrmentor Husqvarna
    AA Class

I couldn't agree more...BUT, if these bikes never make it to the U.S., and/or the dollar doesn't improve, I don't think it really matters.
    I just sent an email to a few friends how much I would love to have one of these new bikes, but based upon the importer/ dollar situation I think when
    I am ready to sell my WR 250's that I will be looking at Yamaha's, used Honda's, and new/used Gas Gas. Even with Husky maybe launching new bikes in '13,
    how much will they cost against the Euro? I can't do $7000 for a new 2T.
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Your not making much sense here...... New '12 YZ250 is over $7000 ($7150) and a '12 Husky WR250 is $6799. A new Gas Gas XC250 will be over $8000
  6. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Why do you think Husky is dated ? The 125 / 150 got a new frame just a couple years ago. Handling is great. Much better than a perimeter frame and much easier to work on the engine too.
  7. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    I was sort of thinking along those lines and recall your dislike for perimiter frames which most of those pictured seem to have or have close to. Both the husky 125 and 250 models have filled in the voids in the crank wheels at least a few years ago by now.

Just from some of the stuff I have read in the last year or so about yamaha and ktm I will note a few things. I read Yamaha is leaving their two stroke without improvement because they are tuning the rigidity of the swingarm in the vertical and horizontal to be stiffer in one way and more flexible in the other way and not tuming the two stroke model at all. Apparently ktm or at least the ktm sx 250 I was reading about (or recall it that way) has gone to a cast swingarm which probably figures into the same kind of fine tuning.

Looking at the pictures of all but the green one the exhaust pipes look like the 250 like machines, can't tell about that one. Exactly which ktm model has what I can't be sure of but in that 250/300 class they have in some if not all models, two powervalve springs one to adjust pre load on and one to switch. Then there is the choice of a wide ratio of high equals three times low the way I look at transmission ratios. Then you have the electric starter for the folks who don't think minimixing the weight landing on their leg when they fall over is the most important thing. There might even be adjustable triple clamps.

Just as a casual observer that is what I see the 250 class husky up against. I don't feel qualified to venture into the suspention components. With the exception of the swingarm tuning the stuff I listed might not even fall into the dated or outdated category. I would expect I left room for more comments to the above quote.
  8. Torrmentor Husqvarna
    AA Class

The point you are missing is that you can find a brand new '09-'11 WR 250 for $5200 +/- a few bucks(Since this is what Husky is calling "Current" as of now), left over or slightly used YZ's, and I've found new left over GG's for sub $5000. My general point being that the idea to buy into a new 2T is cheaper than a 4T will become increasingly more rare if the economic situation doesnt improve.
    And if a new bike does arrive on our shores, due to supply/demand & no left-overs for the first year, you're still going to pay a premium.