Glenn Kearney and his new 310cc engine

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by tommie d, Sep 27, 2010.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    note please don't misread my intentions and get defensive for Glenn. the comments I made are from a strictly sports training mindset. No bashing or high and mighty attitude with me, the guy flat rips no doubt, we are being fans hoping for box finishes for our brand and hopefully with GK at the controls for 2011.
    The guy can get to the next level no doubt, but only he can choose the path to get there and time is getting short in this little part of the sports world, again, imho his mind and body needs a shake up, a new program, to get on the box regularly. Glenn, we are cheering for you, put that 310 on the box man
  2. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    As a racer, I see consistant results even though things around him change. That is not easy to accomplish.

I don't think that anybody will be putting Husky on the GNCC overall box unless the Suzuki, Yamaha, and KTM guys take the day off - that is the cold truth.

I'm also guessing that Russell didn't have to wait until midseason for his 310 cylinder... ;)
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    False argument.... It's not about whether I can beat Glenn or not. It's about who can win races and championships for Husky. Glenn has had way more support, than Paul Whibley did when he won the GNCC Championship last year. Whibs won it as pretty much a barely support rider, riding for Kawi contingency money. Geico pays some expenses for shroud space, but doesn't foot the whole bill. Whibs and Jarrett bought their own bikes.
  4. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Kearney has performed very well. Not to mention there are only three guys that are doing BOTH GNCC and Nat'l Enduro this year. He has had consistent finishes around 6 to 8th in both and I don't recall any DNFs (I'm guessing there was one somewhere). He's a rock solid racer and deserves that credit. And I'm betting that almost every pro off roader will be asked by their brand to race two series next year so the brands get more for their investment. He was ahead of the curve there.

Whibs AND Mullins were seemingly picked up for a song this past January. It would have been nice to see Husky add another top contender. Yamaha and KTM have more than one guy that could overall it and I think we'd like to see Husky do similar. That's what I hoped for with BMW's deep pockets
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husky's error was to throw all of its small budget into one rider. Some other riders with good results, like Mark Fortner got nothing. That's why Mark is riding an '08 WR250 with yellow and blue plastic.

The day I lost faith in Glenn, was the first Husky Dealer meeting. Glenn was still racing for the Scott Summers Team and he had a mathematical chance to beat Jason Raines for the AMA Eastern Hare Scrambles Championship that weekend ... He choose to go to the Husky Dealer Meeting to pitch his own team for '09. Glenn did finish ahead of Jason in the GNCC final standings and that makes it harder to take. Scott went and won the Vet A Championship for Husky that weekend and was then let go by Husky (Anyone here remember that?). I guess it was the right decision for Glenn, because he got two more years with Husky, but was it the right decision for Husky? I'd have a lot more respect for Glenn, if he fought that Championship to the last race, which he didn't. I'll leave at that......
  6. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

7. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Jason Thomas rides a KTM in Canada for the last 2 yrs.
  8. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

I know....should be on a Husky everywhere ;)
  9. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

I qualified for the Montreal EX, but gave up my place to a younger rider. Whats the point in finishing dead last anyways. :busted:

One less TC250 Husky on the line.
  10. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    Why was my post deleted? Norman gets to come on here and slam Kearney at will, and the response from a mod is ''nobody is saying anything bad about Glenn'' ??? Then my other post is deleted ???
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I am not sure what you are referring to. No one has deleted any of your posts. Maybe take a look around a bit more?

People sometimes forget which thread, or even which forum, they posted on. One person was quite upset until they realized what they had posted was on smj.
  12. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    You are correct Dean - my mistake. My post is still here. Back to my coffee now... :)
  13. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
    Good post for the most part :thumbsup: Hell even some of the former Husky PRO"S need training wheels. I'll leave at that too ......
  14. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I don't think anyone slammed anyone...at will or otherwise. Norm Just stated as did others that maybe time for newer/younger blood. And thankfully you DID notice your post was not deleted and am hoping that for a moment you did not add 2 and 2 and get 5 thinking a mod was not being just that...a mod.
    Sincerely
    Joe
  15. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    "I'm not sure he rocks.... Glenn is consistently beaten by XC2 riders in GNCC. His overalls are lower than his XC1 placings. Even when he got an XC1 podium this year, he was 4th overall, 2nd 250F to Russell."

I take that as a slam. Maybe I am too sensitive??? :excuseme:
  16. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    ^^^ I take that as a slam also.
  17. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    These are simple statements of fact about his performance.... Racing is about where you place, the results are for all to see. The goal is to win or at least place on the podium. I will say, Glenn looks like he will end up possibly 5th for the year in GNCC XC1.
  18. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    Coming from the guy that stated that the last race was wet. :lol:

And statements like "His day has passed".... Not just facts bud - you added your own little twist. ;)
  19. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Personally I hope Glenn does return back to oz -he may be happier as long as there is a good series here - and with the likes of Merriman and Toby Price here he would have a good challenge
    He may also suit the different format to GNCC - more of a sprinter
    He needs to think of the future anyway as you arent at the top for long regardless of winning or not
  20. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I corrected myself on that one and I'm entitled to my opinion and as you are also.