Go Malcolm !!!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Colo moto, Mar 19, 2009.

1. JimO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TE 450, '08 TE 510, '10 TXC 450
    Good idea Mike K. about the Husky badge on an electric MX'er. I know Mr. Zero I'll talk to him and see what he thinks about it..C-ya Jim.
  2. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

While the Zero is cool... Husqvarna is already involved with Electric Dirtbikes and is into some type of partnership with Quantya Electric Dirt Bikes which are manufactured in both Switzerland and Italy http://www.quantya.com

Quality wise the Quantya Electric Dirt Bikes are built like a real motorcycle, while the Zero is more like a mountain Bike with an electric motor.

I've ridden both and the Quantya is a much better package

DirtRider just did a shootout with both: http://blogs.dirtrider.com/6476374/editorial/electric-dirt-bike-shockout/index.html

BlipBlip/HuskyRips :thumbsup:
  3. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

The Quantya is cool. Been following them for a few years. Love their indoor track concept.

The Zero is made in the US, and just down the street from the emerging center of the electric car, San Jose. Cant help but think Zero will emerge as the world leader. Plus the exchange rate. Get Google onboard for a Zero built eHusky.

But hey, either one would be awesome with a Husky badge. It would send a huge message out to the dirtbike world.

I've got two little girls, and i cant wait to buy them electric bikes in a year or two.

I really dont want to expose my girls (who will one day be Baja champions, by the way...:)) to gasoline and grease.

--ps--no offense to Malcolm or anyone from my earlier post. I just have a different opinion and felt like voicing it, dont want to be a spoil sport.

If Malcolms actions bring about a change, then thats just awesome in my book.
  4. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

5. RumRunner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 450
    I was looking at one of these for my daughter but they are not selling them due to the :censored: "new and improved regulations".

From their website:
    "Therefore, steel alloys, which typically contain lead, are now deemed 'hazardous'. From our research, we understand spoke nipples and cable housings on all motorcycles and bicycles contain lead beyond 600ppm. Honda, Yamaha etc have all withdrawn their youth bikes from sale, and at this time, OSET has done the same".
  6. racermx66 Husqvarna
    A Class

First banning kid's bike because of lead and now banning black cars because they use too much gas during summer months. I've never been to LA but the pictures I see of cars idling on the freeways during "rush" hour seems to waste more gas than a black car. It looks like the environmentalists are taking over.