Gorman

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by aya16, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    Go with your son; the investment will pay off later. You can join us some other time, and maybe bring him on a bike too.
    Coffee likes this.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Where do you all start from? never been to Hungry valley SVRA (Gorman right?). I have the SVRA map and there are lots of camp stage areas. Want access to S/T within close to stage, dont like roads or anything a quad/jeep can ride on (are there trails like that there?) Quail canyon near the MX track (good place to access more sporty trails)? I see the badlands trail is one way and looks curvy is that a good one?
  3. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

There is two entrances to Hungry valley, you can stage at any of those camp sites you see on the map. The time Runner and I went we did 60+ miles and most everything we rode, a quad could go on.
    Not so sure a jeep could. Down in the valley where the camp sites are, is where most everyone rides, The trails we went on, there wasn't much traffic. Some of that might be due to some closed areas, we did not know was closed and rode it anyway. (near the mx track) For what Gorman offers its pretty good, something for everyone. Not sure we went on the bad lands trail, but we did some knarly trails.

I didn't see much S/T, But some of the trails we rode would be challenging for experts.
    Mike
  4. EagleOne Husqvarna
    B Class

your right, soccer it is - cool.
    Coffee likes this.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    understood about the stage where you want, but you guys were calling a get together. Just want to know where the get together may be staged from. Still up in the air but want to get a solid schedule and map location. Thanks Rob
  6. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Ohh I thought you wanted general info about Gorman, we are meeting at this camp site, South end of Upper Scrub Oaks, fri morning. Please if you go, go to riders website and rsvp.
    as a guest or member, if you are. They are doing something special and need a head count. Heres the site http://ridersonline.org/socal/gorman_031811.htm click rsvp on the bottom of the page.
    Mike
  7. moreccsthanlbs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 CR500
    i'm not that young...hahahaha. landed on my face, broke my helmet in two, don't know how i didn't break my neck or back, just wasn't my time. i'm still feelin it. i haven't had the chance to go through my kx500 after the incident, looks like just some cracked plastic......looks like it's gonna be husky time:banana:....yes, please rsvp...we are bbqin some goats, so a head count would be nice....maybe bring a side dish?
  8. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

kx 500, im bringing mine,
    [IMG]
    see you there
    Mike
  9. EagleOne Husqvarna
    B Class

got back from Gorman Sunday after a snowy windy cold time, it was a good ride, I didnt put the stabalizers down just a block under the tounge jack, so the trailer was rockin from the wind kept waking me up.
    There was only 3 trailers there! I wanted to get kinda snowed in! - a bit muddy time to put on some new boots (tires).
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    dang other committment after checking the months schedule. Enjoy the ride
  11. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Sorry to hear that, maybe next time
    Mike
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    no need to be sorry, its a ride commitment, just a much different location special ride.
  13. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Well I was just sorta being polite, hope you have a good time.
    Mike
  14. moreccsthanlbs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 CR500
    beautiful 5 hundo.....nice to know there's still a few of us out there
  15. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks, she's sporting a clear Clarke desert tank these days. I really want to get into it this spring or summer, paint the frame, all new plastics.
    I have a ton of parts for it, the suspension was tricked out before I bought it. I'm still trying to get used to riding it, she's a beast for sure.
    But a real classic, I always wanted one, year and a half ago I ran into a good deal on it. No way I can ride its potential though.
    Mike
  16. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

We have 7 days before the Gorman ride, just wanted to bring it up, case any one missed the post.
    I will be bringing my husky, as well as a couple other bikes. Sure would like Dirtdame to make it, with her great photo's
    and ride reports. [IMG]
    Mike