1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Got the WB165 the other day!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Chums, Dec 16, 2013.

1. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650

Give me a shout when you head down there, I was thinking about doing a trip sometime in February down there and dragging my little brother along. Would be interested in seeing what the 165 is like as he's running a 144 w/ Lectron. So, the 165 is the plan for the next engine upgrade.
  2. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'd like to discontinue my account
    If all goes as planned we will be riding at stillwater Saturday the 8th I believe then maybe to Draper on Sunday! I got get a few hours on the 165 before ripping it to hard but if your a good rider I don't have a problem with a little test ride. I may have a hps pipe by then to test for a top end pipe as well???
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

what are you needing? Did i not get back to you or is this old news?
  4. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Plans changed and my buddies and I just got back from Brimstone recreation in Huntsville Tennessee, what a ride!
    I was able to take both the WB165 and WR300! I was able to test the FMF Fatty pipe that comes with the 165 kit as well as the HGS pipe. I also tested and tuned a rekluse kit that allows you to run an additional friction and steel plate, as well as Rotella 15-40 and mobile one 0-40 oils. I also was able to add the righteous stunt metal easy pull leaver which made it feel like a 125 pull with the rekluse! Overall the 165 is every bit as capable as my 300 just not as forgiving in certain situations. I'm glad I have both bikes but the 165 will get ridden a bunch! Awesome Awesome bikes and a great time!
  5. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
  6. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The HGS turned the 165 into a monster in my opinion! I found myself in the mid to upper part of the throttle most of the time I was riding with the Fatty and dont get me wrong it scoots good with that pipe with good bottom end but after the HGS went on it was knocking on a 250 mid/top type power...as my A rider buddy who rides a KX250 said "Man that thing really shits and gits don't it! That's thing is so cool!" all while laughing at how much fun he just had. I was running 13/50 gears, 18" rear, rekluse.
    if things were real slick and snotty I might bust out the Fatty but the HGS lets me ride in the normal gear vs feeling like I should short shift with the fatty. I burned around my buddy on an MX track on his kx450 while we were warming up and he didnt stand a chance lol! It was greasy and he was fighting that green pig while I was zipping around having fun!
    Fredrik, john01, shawbagga and 3 others like this.
  7. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    For what its worth I still haven't found anything better than the rotella 15 40 to help keep the Rekluse from slipping, the Mobile 1 0-40 works really well for cold weather but I still get a little slip on top end with the rekluse. If you've seen the specs the Mobile 1 looks like a solid oil, Id probably run it all the time if I had a 4S or didnt have a rekluse.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

there are many flavors of Mobile 1, several have friction modifiers. The ones that do not should not make your clutch slip.

Spin the bottle around, see this label and make sure there is nothing printed in the bottom half circle. I run the european car oil spec and it does not have friction modifiers and does not slip.
    [IMG]
  9. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I should have specified that. I ran/run the European car formula as well but still get some slip vs the old fashioned Rotella 15w40. I change my oil after every ride or two with rotella and it usually still has a tint of newness in it yet. The Mobil 1 is good for me in the winter for sure the only thing I'd use when cold out.
  10. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    aren't friction modifiers supposed to stop clutches from slipping ?? is'nt that why you add it to the lube in your limited slip rearend in your racevan???
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

No they make the oil slipperyer (tech term) for less drag and better MPG.
  12. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
  13. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I think the 5w 40 will be next to try but being synthetic I have some doubts about not having top end slip?? I've heard people having good luck with it however. Don't know if I'm just sensitive to it or what but I can notice any little slip in the bike.
  14. Drtrider82 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 CR125 with WB165; 13 TC250
    We have used the 5W synthetic with regular and rekluse clutches. Seems to work great and was about the only oil that didn't make the clutch grabby in my WR250.
  15. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

rotella 15-40= best bang for your buck.

I mix it up 100:1 with my gas and run it all season. no problems :)

seriously though, ive had good luck with rotella, ive also run mobile delvac 15-40 and ive had good luck with them both.
    Chums likes this.
  16. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Rotella rules! I have been using it for years, sometimes I substitute supertech 15-40 from walmart for fun. I am a fan of the cheap oil changed often plan, and it has worked well for my bikes, and cars, lawn mower, pressure washer...

I used to use the 5-40 but get better shifting with the 15-40. The 5-40 is not really a synthetic per say, just a highly refined grade III base stock dyno oil.

My data points so far;

03 WR250f, bought used 9 years ago...
    385 hours on current hour meter, 50 on previous hour meter before I lost it. and about 2 years riding with no hour meter. So roughly 550 hours. Bottom end has never been apart, unless you count a broken shift return spring. For that I had to pull the clutch cover, somehow I don't think that is oil related. I have replaced the piston/rings twice in that time. Cylinder has never been touched, clutch is still stock. I raced the bike in the C class at MX a few times and a bunch of beginner to ameteur to expert class off road races. It is still going strong, and Kelly still hates that bike.

08 TXC250, 240 hours, I bought it new.
    I used it as my main race bike for mostly off road racing, a few MX practice days and races with trail riding tossed in also. This bike had a main bearing failure, it was a pretty common failure with these bikes I guess. The cage holding the balls in place came apart, not really an oil related failure. Still pisses me off though. I really should fix it soon, been apart for a year and a half. No other issues internally.

09 CR125 245 hours, I bought it new.
    Bottom end has never been apart, clutch is still stock. Raced it off road a bunch, tons of trail riding and a couple MX practice days.

10 TC250 45 hours, bought used with 4 hours on it. Mostly MX races and practices, trail rode it once, and raced 2 off road races with it. Sold it and had never torn it apart. Not enough hours to count really.

13 CR144, 22 hours bought it newsd... Yeah it was a demo raced in the 125 dream race by Bobby Garrison... It is too new to count either.

These are all hour meter hours, I have the data on my spreadsheets for each bike but I am too lazy to open it and get the exact hours to the tenth.

That is my experience using 15-40 HD diesel oil as my primary oil for the better part of 1000 hours.

Later,
    shrubitup likes this.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    You dont need to feel obligated to let everyone know that every time :D I dont hate anything with 2 wheels and a motor. I don't love that bike though. ;)
  18. jim.bike Husqvarna
    AA Class

did you have to reject the lectron for the 165 kit
  19. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Not sure bought the lectron set up for the 165. Interesting note though, when I swapped my lectron from my 13' 300 to my 14' 300 I did adjust it a little bit. Just goes to show no two bikes are alike.
  20. Fredrik Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2st cr125 2014 for the "kids"
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm, honda

Old post but did you had stock silencer or hgs?