1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Graffunder and Redmond playing on 125s!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by SuamicoEXC, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Those that own WR's find it hard to believe the CR's run so clean out of the box. :D :D :D
    krieg and john01 like this.
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I don't find it hard to believe they can make an CRF100 look great and your jetting doesn't count.....you stay WFO :D......jk.
    Gotlabs likes this.
  3. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    I believe the older bikes ran the TMX and not the TMXX carb so that may account for the difference. The CR and WR motors are exactly the same except for the ignitions. The port timing and even the transmission ratios are identical. The WR is more sensitive to jetting because of the heavy flywheel and the fact that the TMXX carb has a very lean jet needle. However, the actual jetting requirements are identical. I have a 2012 WR144 and my carb has a richer Suzuki needle and the RB Designs divider plate. It rips everywhere. After my WR CDI pooped out I bought the CR ignition so I've ridden it both ways. I also suspect that the people raving about the SmartCarb are doing so because their jetting has improved.
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yep my jetting did improve because of the SmartCarb :D. I had my 08 CR165 running really good with the TMX but I had to keep up with it and that was a pain for me this time of year in VA. With the SC I don't have to worry about adjustments and I NEVER had it running this good. Enough of that and back to the two pros on the CR125's. I know they could have done the same on WR's but do feel the 08 CR's had way less tuning to do than the 09 WR's.
  5. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    I would pay to watch that, get a handful of super offroaders on small bore thumpers. Maybe something like TKO or an EX course.

I was just poking the bear on the CR vs WR stuff, I have only experienced the greatness of the small bore in CR trim so I am a little biased.
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'd pay too. We had Brad Baken come out to our CVTR club to do a little coaching and that was a real treat. The guys like that look like they just float over stuff. Oh and everybody knows the CR's are better......as I duck for cover.
    Gotlabs likes this.
  7. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Yeah, getting passed by those guys is crazy. I can't fathom going that fast in the woods, well on purpose anyway.
  8. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Hmmm. CR's and not WR's. Let me put my surprised face on! Wait a second.... :eek:..... there. Surprised face.
  9. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    If I give you my '12 TC 250, will you give me my '12 CR 150 back? :D
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    the 04-08 (really clear back to 2000), CR125 run great as is. The 09 and up, when the cylinder changed, seems to need some jetting. Plus you are running open areas where is it much EZer to jet or get away with just OK, jetting. Ride tight technical stuff and you need crisper jetting in the hard to get right low end.
  11. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Ummmmm........no. :D
  12. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Dammit! :(
  13. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You meen like the Idaho Nationals,Utha Nationals,Enduro at the Ranch,Plus the tightest one of all was
    Last Man Standing with Enduro Cross at Glen Helen plus my son did the Enduro cross event in Vegas.All with the same jetting.I must have got lucky bike just runs great everywhere I go
    Next month I am entered to do King of the Motos and once again I see no reason to change
    That one is going to be the tuffest race I ever entered Last year 25 top pros in the world entered and only 5 finished With Gram Garvis getting the win.I just want to see how far I can go