1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Harsh suspension??

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by cometorium, Apr 21, 2014.

1. dirt addict Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 cr125
    stock was a 5.4 .
    I rode the wr at I-5 mx today. It was a groomed track, elevation changes, a few good kicker jumps that sent me way past the landings... I effin' love this bike! I rode it faster than I rode my rm250. It handled so well, stable in the straights, dove into corners , stuck rutted ones, it did it all. I'm really impressed with my find. My buddy who normally hangs on my tail, or who I can't pass, could not keep up. And he's on a 2014 ktm 250xc, with the 4cs forks....
    Motosportz likes this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Very cool. :cheers:
  3. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

to the OP.... how much tire pressure are you running? And ditto to all the hype about having your suspension done.
  4. cometorium Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 250

14 psi on both. Ditto on having it done or ditto that it's only hype?
  5. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The best money spent of a motorcycle, street or dirt is having the suspension set up for you.

14 psi seems kinda high for the woods. try 12 in the front & 10 in the rear. At least when I ran tubes that's what i liked to run. With the Tubliss & the Dunlop AT-81 I've been run 7 front & 3 rear. LOL
  6. cometorium Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 250

Ok thanks for your input. BTW I'm riding in the desert/rocky hills, people here usually run 13-15 psi to avoid flats.
    BadMotoWeazal likes this.
  7. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    i know its silly but make sure you are turning the adjusters the right way and that you know for sure which is compression and which is rebound. backing the compression completely off as stated should show some kind of improvement..its possible something is broken inside also
  8. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    If you want the bike to feel like a KLX or an EXC, there isn't really anything you can do besides a revalve. Until then, run the compression clickers fully out (20 clicks or so) and the rebound clickers 75% out (15 clicks) for the fork, and run the hi and low compression most of the way out and the rebound halfway out for the shock.
  9. jimmyc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 TXC449, 09 SM610, WR250, plated
    Other Motorcycles:
    18YZ250X GS1200 busa duc900SS GG
    Ok , i'll put my two cents in. I,m a c rider that DID mainly woods riding , tight single track , rocky, muddy, hilly terrain. also ran Georgia red clay , dry and wet sticky stuff.

I,m also about 175 lbs. I found that just changing the oil , setting the sag, torquing up the front end and setting clickers to about 3/4 clicks out and running 12lbs in the front and 10 lbs and as low as 8 in the back , it was GREAT
  10. Brian Scott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '01 CR 500R
    Don't forget to bleed the air from the forks before your next ride.
    BadMotoWeazal likes this.
  11. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yeah I noticed that after posting & it would seem logical to run high air pressure. Good Luck & I hope you send that stuff off & get it worked.
    cometorium likes this.