1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc having spark issue, possible stator/coil need help

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by trailblazer84, Jun 3, 2016.

1. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    The ht lead should be screwed in.
    I'm not saying it isn't fixed as you stated but on my bikes all of them they just un wind.

What plug gap are you running? Try closing it to just under a millimetre.
    Contrary too popular belief a larger gap isn't a bigger spark is weaker as you need move power to jump the gap.
  2. trailblazer84 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1996 husqvarna wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha ag200
    cant remember my gap of the top of my head but it was within spec from the manual when I put new plug in a while back, I'm not 100% sure but I think myn is a fixed wired coil from what ive been seeing online, but I am planning to take a better look tomorrow and see what I can do with a new cap and maybe trim a cm of end of lead if I cant replace it
  3. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Rip the old plug cap off, trim 5mm off the insulation to get fresh copper then take the strands back over the outter edge if the ht lead in a flared pattern then screw the new cap on.
    Fingers crossed its that.
    But sceptical sorry i cant be of more use.
  4. trailblazer84 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1996 husqvarna wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha ag200
    Thanks I'll definitely try that tomorrow and yeah im unsure if thats the issue or not but i know i can pull cap off without unscrewing it without force so I'm thinking everything may be ok but just looses contact from time to time but yeah i have no idea lol
  5. trailblazer84 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1996 husqvarna wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha ag200
    well I put the old plug cap back on and secured it on tight without doing any trimming or anything else to the bike since it did have spark last night just to see if it would even fire and it started very easy even easier than sometimes back when it had no problem but it ran like shit and I know it needs a tune but I'm unsure what is the actual cause atm I'm still thinking the cap or something else in the electrics still
  6. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    . ? Do cap just cus you got one coming.
    Youve checked your flywheels not sheared the woodruff key an moved on the crank shaft.
    The other things im thinking are, either crankshaft seals gone bad. Air leak or your carbs got crap in it thats floating about giving you fueling issues your mistaking for electrical.

I mean all your ignitions working by the readings youve given.
    By the looks of it may have a pinched wire somwhere.
    Personally i would now strip carb make sure thats spotless with correct float height etc.
    Then see if flywheels shifted no real way too tell with it mounted, undo the nut that holds it on and see if you can see the keyway with key in it and the cut out in the crank(doubtful) or remove it if you have a puller.
    You may find your stators rotated a bit an kicked timing out.
    Once in there look at the seal any oily dusty crap around it and that may be your airside seal starting to go.
    As you can tell theres a few options still to check.

Have fun!
  7. trailblazer84 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1996 husqvarna wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha ag200
    yeah solid info thanks, now ive basically ruled out ignition system I am happy to start pulling things apart to check why its not running well, and ah yeah I cleaned carb not to long ago and it worked fine for a couple of rides since (it had the bogging issue long before I touched the carb) so I'm thinking a good tune with different jets is the key here (hopefully I'm a noob at carbs but from my research that's what I'm seeing), and I think the float lvl should be correct as I havnt changed it since it was running fine last and its unlikely to have bent it self out of place I would imagine, anyhow now ive got it going again I'm going to buy a bunch of different size jets and do a full carb tune and do the reeds too while im at it soon so i'll clean it up if needs it then anyhow, for now i'm going to start with cleaning up and checking the wiring properly shrink wrapping connections and taping it up neat and then I'm going to check for air leaks and go from there I think seeing as I know the carb/reeds need done anyway but that has to wait till I got some spare funds haha

Edit: yeah I have decided to see what I can do to get it running for my upcoming ride and if not i'll have to ride my spare lower powered bike, and i'll save a bit and take engine and do all the leakdown test reeds pwr valve clean/check and all that all at once
    juicypips likes this.