1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Help me decide on WR250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by RusRider, Oct 30, 2011.

1. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Why buy a 'basic 1970's Hodaka' when you obviously realise there are some 4 strokes with e-start and 6 speeds etc and that is what you want! Remember that your original problem was that you were unable to start it let alone ride it, I would have thought the weight wasn't really an issue, or for that matter the number of gears.
  2. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    I can understand you being jaded. If I had an experience like that, I would be too. NO matter what color the plastic was. I can tell you this. I live in Utah, which is to say, there are tons of Orange 300's out here...tons. And they are a great bike. (Even the blue version, which I think looks better. Not as good as the white, but better than the orange). But, I have yet to ride with an orange 300 that was faster or more reliable than my white one. One buddy rattled his exaust mounts off of his orange frame, another just took his e start off because it never worked, another had his bike in the shop for 2 months trying to figure out why the bike ahd no power.
    My point is, they are all great bikes. Seriously. Sounds like you got a lemon of some sort. Sucks too because My '09 300 has been rock solid, kicks 1st or 2nd start every time and is just a super fun bike to ride.
    WoodsChick likes this.
  3. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    believe me , im not a fan of orange i ride with lots of them and watched many get towed out of the woods. i have two CRFs that never ever let me down and now i wanted to try a 2 stroke. got the WR running today, let it warm up and it still takes 20 or 30 kicks to fire it up after doing the fuel on fuel off etc etc rain dance.guess i got a bad one
  4. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Ok Braddening.

Have you actually cracked open the carb? Do you have the power up kit installed? Have you removed the emissions controls? Have you pulled the throttle stop? You have given us very little info, and have expected lots in return. I know little about these bikes, but when I asked lots of questions with providing lots of feedback, I got help that worked. Start your own thread instead of hijacking rusriders' and provide some info of you want actual help. If you don't want help take it back to the dealer and have them sort out your problems.

Rant over.
    windsurf and 454x like this.
  5. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    took the bike back to the dealer today . service manager did a this and that and now can fire in one kick !!! WOW !! they are going to rework the carb and jet it accordingly. Im keeping it ( dealer did offer to take it back or exchange it )and plan to spank some orange in 2012 ! thanks to all here
    WoodsChick likes this.
  6. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    That was quick!!!

Mods...maybe we should put how old everyone is cos majority of Gen Y's wouldn't know what a carb is :thumbsup:
  7. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    And spank orange you will :cheers:
  8. RusRider Husqvarna
    B Class

Hi!
    Happy New Year!
    Santa brought to me racing pipe finally. Weather is abnormally worm so today I had a chance to ride my husky at full potential.
    The ride was short but it let me understand that I made the right choce! It can climb short hills just from the deadstop at the bottom. So much torque and traction.
    I haven't get the handling yet but it isn't worse than YZ for sure.
    Thanks everybody for help!!!
  9. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I can't imagine that it will work with the catalyst pipe unfortunately. That pipe is terribly restricted and it saya in the papers that my 300 makes 15 horsepower with all low power crap. We tried the cat.pipe on my sons 125 that came standard on it and his 50cc moped is quicker....