1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Help me decide what to buy

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by NWRider, Jun 24, 2010.

1. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

No. His name is Bob and I guess he is a lurker on the site. I saw the bike and it looks in pretty good shape. From what I remember it has the 2010 tank with dual petcocks, 38 mm PWK, hydraulic clutch, aluminum skid plate, flip pegs and the KYB front end off a 4t 250.
  2. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I picked up the new bike today

[IMG]

The TC forks were all sold so I could not get the 2011 with them. That made getting the 09 150 an easy choice.
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Great choice says one of the guys responsible for the zoch TC forks disappearing. I still think you won't be disappointed in the least and once you get the new Clarke tank mounted it will be damn near perfect.

Congratulations,
    Walt
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Nice! Enjoy that bike!:cheers:

I'm really loving my '09 WR144!
  5. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Some mention was made of a weaker frame on the 09 WR. Is there a failure known for these? I hear the CRs were recalled & the head tubes must be cut off by dealers but is there a real issue here? My rather big son is about to get his 09 WR125 for MX and scrambles/GNCC type riding and snapping the frame is not something I wqant him subjected to on a high MX jump or in SX whoops. Thanks guys!
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey congrats on your new 144! Hey at least you made a decision. I still dont know if I want a 09 or 10 or 11 WR150 or a 09 WR250 or now I am looking at a 10 Gas Gas 250 LOL. Enjoy you new bike it looks sweet with the FMF bolted up! Old3 I haven't heard of a weak frame on the 09's. I know my 200 lbs has put my 08 CR 125 through the ringer with zero problems to date. I even had a guy that works for me ride it; he weighs in at a heavy 275!
  7. 6Ten Husqvarna
    B Class

Sorry for the noobie question, but can someone clue me in as to why you'd want the 2009 forks on the 2011 bike? Are the 2011 forks crappy?
  8. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

The 09 came with the twin chamber forks which are better then the open chamber 2011 forks. I don't think the 2011 forks are crappy but just not as good.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Great looking bike. Good choice. :thumbsup:
  10. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  11. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The recall of 09 CR125s and the cutting off the steering heads on those frames kinda worried me but after the dealer thing this weekend I don't think ity'll be an issue.
  12. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Nice one Mark!

wanna go riding soon?
  13. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Nice one - interested in your thoughts against the 06 when you ride it...