Here is the New SM....

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Johnrg, Nov 5, 2013.

1. bearorso Husqvarna
    AA Class

Front fender = Complicated and heavy - though, wish I could get a one piece aftermarket one for my bike - it works well, and it would 'upset' some people , something I like doing.

Headlight - well, typical OEM real road use type - such is life.

Side panels - or, lack thereof. Husky seemed to think KTM's dreadful "faux Dakar" rear end look from 08 to 010(?) was cool - silly fools.

Well, they got their's back - KTM / Kiska seem to have bought the whole dreadful black section to the radiator shroud style that so marred Husky for so many years - now that is really stupid on KTMs behalf - Maximum revenge points to the Italians, I say! I've always despized the multi piece / black sectioned rad shrouds on Huskies - it's just one of the worst styling themes I've ever seen. And the upward sweep main shroud harked back to early 90s Aprilia DS / Trail Bike styling - YuCK!

Huskies with decals that brought the tank shrouds / radiator shrouds into an integral look, look soooooo much better. An Italian Tricolour set I saw a few blokes with, a couple of years ago transformed the look into something special.

Note that the 'new' KTVarna's have a solid white shroud, thank goodness!

The 449s /511s - one of the most maligned, great bikes ever. Usually by idiots that never rode one, and couldn't keep their ''man love" for DK in check. 'Upset' KTM owners, generally. I don't own one, but set up a few with mates (and made a few aluminuim sub tanks, to replace the original one - good for a couple of extra litres, and a quicker 'full fill'), and they have been my favourite 4t over the last few years. Get rid of heavy fenders, and the unneeded addition of the outer frame / swingarm pivots which added a good deal of weight / width, or better still, bring the frame back (evolved - devolved????), to the beautiful simplicity of the main spine / tube type of the earlier Husky 4ts, whilst keeping the SA pivot in the cases and the CTS, and it would have been perfect. Best 4t engine I've ridden, in years, once sorted, especially the "511". I have liked every 'slightly bigger' 450 engine I've ridden, over the original 450, and that's coming from a 2t 'preferer'.

I really wish I'd had some spare change lying around, when the last of the 511s went on 'fire sale'. A brilliant bike, when set up the way the rider wanted. R.I.P, a truly different Husky.
  2. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    I dont know where are this pics taken....These are at other forum
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  3. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

i shot these photos at the eicma show in milan, 4 days ago. i posted them here on cafehusky only.

r
    ray_ray likes this.
  4. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010

Ok, some one post those at supermotojunkie.....There is see those. I was thinking post/quote in here
  5. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

you see... cafehusky is the REAL source of information ;-)

r
    Bill502, Coffee and Muddy Waters like this.
  6. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Hey Ras, did you see TVS at EIMCA and did they show any blue MX bikes?
  7. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

they weren't exhibiting there...

r
    Boogie likes this.
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    To be honest, there really is a significant amount of original reporting that gets posted to this site. I used to go to at least 1 or 2 events each year and report back.
    Boogie likes this.
  9. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    Yeah, this+supermotojunkie is best english Husky foorums.....

But now days all, Almost all are always asking the same .... Can not use the search first, and dig though the old topic and ask questions there, when to begin a new topic
  10. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    I said almost exactly the same thing not long ago here know CH. Couldn't agree more.