Holiday Special on Pivot Pegz

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by Pegz, Nov 24, 2009.

1. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Got mine today too, finally!:lol::lol:

Thanks Marty! They sure look cool in the box, Can't wait to put em on manana.
  2. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

So I got my pegz installed today. They are so shiny and purdy It seems a shame to go off-road with them and scratch them up!

those of you that have them, did you have to grind the mount on the right side? On my bike (08 610) the right mount has a steel tab that hits the peg and stops it from folding back about 1/2 way what the left one does.

So, did you grind it off or leave it? If I grind it off is there any danger of the peg hitting the brake?
    [IMG]

Took a quick ride around the block, no weird feeling at all, Can't wait to try them off road.
  3. Rockchucker22 Husqvarna
    A Class

I might notch the tab but leave enough to protect the brake.
  4. Rockchucker22 Husqvarna
    A Class

I cut about 3/8 of an inch off the tab and now the peg folds up nicely and doesn't hit the brake.:thumbsup:
  5. Rockchucker22 Husqvarna
    A Class

Ok I did about 50 miles of whooped out double and single track today and I fell in love with the pegs. They smooth out the terrain in ways that I didn't,couldn't imagine. I have to get another pair for my drz!:thumbsup:
  6. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

+1 I thought they would be an incremental esoteric improvement. But they really are quite amazing. Going backwards would be painful. Don't buy these if you have multiple bike syndrome... cuz you'll be buying three or four sets.:lol:

I had a MINOR fitment issue, but Marty was on top of it, totally on top of it from a cust. service perspective and I appreciate the extra effort:thumbsup:

I did end up notching the mount a little bit, but I did it with the peg in place and it was a non-issue.

Maybe someday I'll smooth it out and paint it... Nahhhhhh
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  7. jlk_250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Okay, so I just go my Pivot Pegz, but it appears that I made a bad assumption about them. They are supposed to have a "normal" and "low" mounting position like the Fastways and that's the big reason I bought them. But these do not appear to have two mounting positions and when I check the Pivot Pegz website it says that most have the dual mounting position option but not all.

Are these Pivot Pegz for Husqvarna not of the type that have dual mounting positions?
  8. Pegz CH Sponsor

Yes they are able to be lowered. If you email me at info@brapoffroad.com I can send you the instructions. It is very simple to do.

Marty
  9. jlk_250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Thank you for your prompt response. I have the instructions for how to lower them and will give it a try. I was just expecting to have a movable bushing like the Fastways but with the Pivot Pegz the foot platform is swapped between the shafts. Looks good!
  10. Rockchucker22 Husqvarna
    A Class

After a few more rides I'm completely in love with pivot pegs they are awesome!!!:cheers::thumbsup:
  11. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Towards the end of my 1,200 mile ride to Cabo, my rear brake started getting spongy feeling. Today I rode it on pavement and I noticed I could not lock up the rear.

SO I looked at it, and to my surprise discovered it was caused by the pivot peg!:excuseme:

As you can see the end of the spring is hitting the brake lever preventing it from fully depressing. Did I mis a pin hole it goeas in or something?

Anyway, no big deal, it will be easy to fix by bending or cutting or re-installing if I messed it up. But I just wanted to mention it in case anybody else has a similar deal you might want to have a look at it.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  12. Bones Husqvarna
    B Class

:mad: I am sooo mad I missed out on this deal. I will be ordering some in the next month or two. I need to get some other stuff taken care of first (mainly a tune) and some saddle time before I can do more mods.
  13. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

They are totally worth the extra few bucks:lol::thumbsup:
  14. Bones Husqvarna
    B Class

I am sure they are and the owner offered me the deal AFTER the cut off, but I had presents to buy so I backed out. I will happily pay retail in a couple months
  15. Rockchucker22 Husqvarna
    A Class

I bent it over
  16. Pete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE300
    These are $200 in Australia plus shipping from an Aus based ebay store.! You

Luckily we also have a saying here for high priced stuff; " tell him he's dreamin' "

:)
  17. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah," he's dreamin"