Hot off the press

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Bobby, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Worked hard for the brand.......harder still for the average Joe on a Husky.
    He ain't dead you know. Don't make this sound like a eulogy folks.
    Stay positive. Alot of Scots efforts are yet to still pay off for 2011.
    And Scot....if you read this.....Relax in between if you can and take a nice long "reset".
    Heres an idea for you and the better half........
    [IMG]

I am sure he will move on to some industry future thing..but I will allow Scot the courtesy of stating personally what he is doing with his personal and business life (others please keep this statement in mind when commenting...Thank you)
  2. Boredsurfer Husqvarna
    C Class

Good for him....

My guess is he'll join Michael Lock from Ducati NA and join ZERO motorcycles to develop the electric dual-sport market ahead of KTM - they probably offered him a bunch of money which I'm sure he deserves.

Never met him, but his presence here was impressive. Why more manufacturers don't talk on these boards is beyond me.

The current Husky execs are all ex-Triumph and KTM guys and know how to build a brand in North America. He probably bowed out to let them build the dealer-network and the aftermarket - the rest is up to BMW.
  3. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    We even know of Scott down under. Thank you Scott for being a real Husky friend and all the best for your next horizon.
  4. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    I'll gladly challenge that statement, majority were out of work ex-triumph folk when recruited, there's a difference :busted:
  5. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I think the "execs" have a little bit different "vision" than Scot.

I think it sucks for us, but I hope him the best. Good people there. :thumbsup:
  6. sm2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

No inside info but I think you might be onto something....
  7. Boredsurfer Husqvarna
    C Class

The list of potential spots is long....

U.S. Highland? Beta? Gas-Gas? Aprilia even? - they all need more market presence.

There seems to be a lot of cyclical movement in the Industry right now (hell, even KTM USA is looking for a Marketing Manager again).

Something tells me that the electric stuff is where the excitement is for an experienced industry exec though. Companies like Brammo, Zero and MotoCysz and all the rest have ambitious multiple vehicle offerings planned for their product mix. I am sure some are looking to duplicate the business model developed by Honda - bikes first, then cars, jets, robots etc.

This technology is exponential - I think it will be Scott's job to develop a market segment and subsequent race series for these new toys so that when the technology catches up, the consumer will be ready.
  8. WR BOB Husqvarna
    A Class

I'd never met Scot until Mid-Ohio. He came up and handed me a catalog and we talked several minutes about the brand. He was very sympathetic about my 125WR issues, talked highly about my 200XC-W and suggested me try a 150WR. What a loss for Husky!

WR Bob
  9. Boredsurfer Husqvarna
    C Class

10. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    Strange they show him in a photo at the edge of a cliff.
  11. Trailridernut Husqvarna
    A Class

Likewise, met him along with other Husky riders @ Mid Ohio this year.
  12. photoguy_43420 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 Husqvarna's from 1973-2001
    Other Motorcycles:
    73 Norton Commando 850
    It is really sad for Husky Scot was the link from the Swedish era. He knows what Husqvarna was about and what they should now be about!!
  13. littled657 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks Scott

Thanks Scott for giving Nick a chance and letting him prove a Husky could win the Desert 1 plate again.
  14. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    Looks like Mike found a home at a different electric vehicle company

http://www.dealernews.com/dealernew...Article/detail/682000?contextCategoryId=48447
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  16. Boredsurfer Husqvarna
    C Class