1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st How do you seal the pipe to silencer joint?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by krieg, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Dont worry about it, it keeps the chain oiled up :D
  2. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mine just oils the brake line and swing arm. I guess there is an advantage to having the chain on the right side!
  3. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Run over a Yamaha YZ450F with a husky = Yamabond 4

Same thing happened to Chad Reed last week. He got Yamabond 4 on his side plate and had to tear it off to get rid of it.
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

He was asked to pull over....LOL!!
  5. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It is 525' F quite high and could leave alot of spooge if you mixed it at a high ratio (20:1, 32:1 etc.)
    Has a high pour point and great coverage (sticks like a good oil should!)
  6. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    Im actually running the Klotz R50 @ 40:1 with pump premium. The flash point thing...R50 is 550 degrees...

Since the change over, plug is tan, no spooge anywhere. But the boy keeps it on the pipe...
  7. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    We are waiting for Dad to get one and get on the pipe! New CR150!
  8. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Golden Spectro has been a trusted oil for many years. I never recommend mixing it a leaner than 40:1. I got a lot longer piston life at 40:1 vs 50:1. BUT, It is a very dirty oil that is terrible about carboning up PV and spark arrestors. BUT, I have never heard of a crank failure using it.
    As for the K2, iT actually smell very good. Not as good as 927 but close. I used to use Suzuki CCI mixed at 20:1 and I still do in my vintage bikes because it has a very low flash point and burns very clean. I used to run it in my Factory Suzuki PE and I could stick my finger into the end of the exhaust and get no oil residue on my finger.
  9. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the info Joe.. I've been mixing Motul 800 at about 45:1 and do have some spooge.. But I account that due to the fact I ride mostly single track and I'm not the fastest cookie in the bunch.. May try Amsoil Dominator or Interceptor one of these days and see how that works..
    Thanks again and cheers.. [IMG]
  10. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I love a good oil thread [IMG]
  11. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Dwight,
    Your a man after my heart (sorry if that sounds wrong). I use the CCI also in my vintage. Smells good (not as good as a Nieuport 17 rotary with pure Castor) too as well as at 25:1 lubes with a sense of confidence and security. Just dropped off a nice done 79 PE 175 to Drew Smith and it was a CCI bike. (only jap 2 smoke I ever admitting to like)
    PV engines do require a certain blend or type. I will firmly agree on that but I have been running Golden since the old glass bottle days and they are local here in the NE and support riders quite well. Every year at the NE Gathering, all go home with a Spectro "care package".
    Spark arrestors are the bane of performance but a neccessary evil according to US Parkas and wildlife. make everything normal be richer.

Joe
  12. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Damn. I rode the ISDT on a 1979 PE175. Nice bike. The 1980 PE175 was a bit nicer. Wish I still had the 1981 prototype PE125 I rode at the ISDE in Italy. CCI has a very low flash point. I had to be talked off my HiPoint / Golden Spectro by John Morgan, Suzuki Team Offroad Manager. Actually, he threatened not to pit for me, LOL. But once he explained the reasons for using CCI, I gave it a try and loved it. [IMG] BUT, In my current Husky I like the K2. Clean, Smells good, and actually produces a measureable amount of extra HP. Little bikes need all the help they can get.
    As for the Nie.17 with the LeRhone 110/120hp 9cylinder Rotary. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA, I love the smell of Castor hanging in the morning mist as the Dawn Patrol takes off for the first sortie of the day. The smell of FREEDOM ! I miss my Nieuport. [IMG]
  13. smoke229 Husqvarna
    A Class

hmmm i was running 47.5 pilot on 125 cyl, and 42 pilot in 150 form both with stock needle with stock 4 slide, a 30 pilot sure seems a long way off of us? we were a hair rich in the pits but seemed great on the track with grey plugs.