How to: EFI to carb

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Pinittowinit, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well not that there seems to be any intrest in this conversion. I'm back to waiting for parts. I could not get it running. As it turns out the flywheel/stator that was sent was incorrect therefore it firing wayyy late. Shoukd be food to go mid next week. So I made a bracket for the wideband today. I'm using the mirror mount on the magura clutch.
    [IMG]
  2. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well it came today. But since I can't even fix my electric toothbrush Tech 3 is kind enough to give me a step by step with pics!!
  3. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    Id like to know more about
    (TT link is broken).
  4. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

5. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
  6. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow have I missed that ever so distinctive whistle of an fcr. Yesterday I received the final parts. She fired to life almost instantly. I still have some fine tuning to do with the jetting, but boy am I happy with the results. My biggest observation was the better low end torque, consistency of the throttle inputs. It fires as soon as you touch the button. I don't think the motor makes a full revolution before starting. The power is wonderful from the bottom to the top with zero issues. No flat spots, stumbles or anything of the sort. I am getting the infamous smr pop on decel, but like stated I will work that out. I am 100% pleased with the results and happy I did it. The night and day difference between the EFI and carb is unbelievable. You don't notice how bad the EFI is until you ride a carbed. I have always loved huskys and always will, but boy did they miss the mark on the EFI. I will update the parts list required for the swap as soon as I can. Sometimes my friends simplicity is flat out better than half ass technology. The fcr is flat out an better system. Sure it cost me alot to swap it all over, but the end result was worth it. Like stated many times before.... There is good reason that the 450-530RR has a fcr on it. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. I will be more than happy to help. I sure did hit some bumps along the way, but hey that's part of the game. Aloha
    [IMG]
  7. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

8. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Great job Frank
  9. kumz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good stuff pimp. That wrong flywheel was bonkers!
  10. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Quick little fuel economy update. With the EFI I was getting around 45 miles when the light comes on. I have no idea how much is on reserve but it isn't much.

I'm using an RR fuel petcock so there is no reserve. Filled it with 1.9 gallons and went 90.6 miles before coming to a stop. Yes 90.6
  11. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Did you run out of fuel at 90.6 or did you stop to fill up
    My 2010 SMR runs out at 67 miles you are pushen
  12. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

That running out had a bottle in my backpack. Tell me that isn't more efficient. And I haven't tuned it yet. 
  13. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks to tech for making a plug and play harness for my lc1 I highly recommend it. I was geting some popping and as it turns out it was a rich and lean pop. Way rich on the bottom and way lean on the top. I got it almost dialed in. Jyst gotta go up one more on the main. Current settings are 40 pilot, 1.25 on the fuel screw, clip3rd, 185 main. Like stated I gotta go up one more on the main, a 185 is already big in my mind, however the lc1 doesn't lie.
  14. MorrisBetter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GS
    Glad you could make this work. Wanna sell that EFI throttle body? PM me if interested.

BTW, Kailua is my fav' beach on the planet.
  15. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry Morris I sold the entire FI already.
    Kailua beach is nice thats for sure. I'm lucky to have it in my back yard
  16. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well I'm still getting it dialed in. At this point I'm chasing numbers sort of speak. I'm close but close isn't good enough. Lol i wonder how far off it will be when I change it from a 450 to a 530 in a few months.
  17. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well I'm all dialed in.
    Q needle clip 4.5
    42 pilot
    182 main
    Saj 80
    Maj 200
    Fuel screw 1/4 out (got a issue here)
    Leak jet 60 but am playing with these

I think I have the notorious popping on decel on the huskys figured out. The problem lies in the saj. They go lean off throttle but the stock 100 jet jyst let's too much air in. Drop it a size and it goes away
  18. Freaky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250 x-lite Race ECU/Injector
    Nice write up and nice work, got to agree with you on the EFI, it's just not as good as a decent carb, I think more would follow you if it weren't for the expense.
  19. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well it can be pieced together threw eBay, here, Supermoto junkies. Just gotta be patient. I couldn't be happier with The results. Night and day difference let me tell ya.