1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc How to remove swing arm?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by 99WR250, Apr 1, 2013.

1. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    that was the thought, but often theory is better than practice.:thumbsup:
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    when I was dealing with this same issue I was open to any possible solution.
  3. 99WR250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TW200
    Ok....so after long thought....and after fixing my stuck chain adjuster bolts, I have decided to leave the swing arm axle in for now. I ended up soaking the inside of the swing arm with PB Blaster for a week. I used a grab it socket by Irwin and an impact air driver and got the right hand side bolt out. The left bolt didn't have enough thread for the grab it socket to bite, so I ended up drilling out the bolt and using a 8mm tap to resurface the threads on the aluminum swing arm. I just wanna ride the bike for now....maybe someday I'll try and tackle the stuck swing arm axle, but for now everything works ok.
  4. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    no detectable play at the rear end???
    all good, enjoy buddy
  5. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    kroil it. once or twice a week. ride for spell.

then, loosen nut, turn back in til it hits, then a half turn out, drift with a dowel so you dont kill the pivot bolt and nut, did it budge so the nut hits the frame lug now? if yes yer on yer way. work it back n forth, side to side to bust the mung ring offa it blasting it with kroil and air and paint thinner. beating it in one only direction just wedges it in there tighter in some cases.

didnt go? sooner or later it'll work loose with kroil seeping in. baby steps.

seen one guy loosen the nut some and ride. it came loose half way through a trail ride...luckily someone came by in a jeep with a socket set. so dont do that! lol.
  6. 99WR250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TW200
    Some play in the linkage ....but it feels more like its coming from the other linkage parts...not the swing arm axle/bushings
  7. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    if you move the arm up and down there will be slop on almost all link type suspensions. lightly "pinch" the top and bottom shock pivots overlapping your fingers tips on a non-moving part and have a helper if need be slowly move the arm up to isolate the sources. if its substantial look to the shock clevis and eye pivots those go first. rarely do the links go bad if lubed and have good quality hardness bolts. you'll replace the spherical rod end type bearings 10-1 over the links with the needles in them.
  8. 99WR250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TW200
    Play is minimal, I'd say a mm or 2....
  9. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles: