1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Husaberg 2 stroke

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wallybean, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I agree Walt! Great mag! They give the bikes an even hand as you say. That´s why the Husky WR 300 won their test a while ago:applause:!

Johnny
  2. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

My contact told me that Berg does have a 2T prototype ready to go, but KTM is so flat broke right now they dont have the cash to bring it to market.

There will be 2 stroke Husabergs in EU only in 2011 but they will be blue rebadged KTMs.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Why would they do that? Seems like it would just dilute and confuse. :excuseme:
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Bajaj Auto India is looking to take control of KTM. They presently own 32.5% of KTM shares and there are enough availible shares to get 51% control. Cash strapped Austrians, don't have means to buy shares to stop this at this time. It will be an interesting year.
  5. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Uh-oh. As much as I love to trash talk KTM, I don't like the sound of a hostile takeover by an Indian company. Unless all they want to do is infuse cash into the development of DI 2 strokes, leaving the engineering and manufacturing in Austria. What are the chances of that?
  6. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Because there is a lot of stand alone Husaberg dealers in EU and they are begging for more models to sell.

Blue KTMs will not be coming to NA.
  7. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Chances are excellent, but it will change some things fundamentally. Final assembly on some models and engineering would stay in Austria. Not trying to trash talk KTM, but they are not so economically sound that they can ride out this economy without a hiccup.